Poll: Would you take a pill that makes you bisexual?

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
Chairman Miaow said:
thethird0611 said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
No because I live in Texas.
Which doesnt mean anything since I know plenty of happy bi/gay people in Texas. Hell, I was raised in the country and still live in this state. Care to make a useful statement?

OT: Nah, I like my sexuality. Straight as a line. Women look soooooooooooooooooo much better anyway, so I wouldnt have any reason to start liking men.
Just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Homophobia is still extremely prevalent, especially in certain parts of the world, like Texas.
Yeah.... Its not. At least not prevalent in Texas. Not in the rural area (where I grew up), not in the city area(where I live now). Unless its in the deep west Texas, the only place I havent been for an extended period of time.

Again, from knowing gay/bi/alternative lifestyle (Quite a few alternative lifestyle people actually, but thats another story) people here in Texas (flesh and blood, face to face, friends), there aint nothing like that homophobia you said.

2012 Wont Happen said:
thethird0611 said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
No because I live in Texas.
Which doesnt mean anything since I know plenty of happy bi/gay people in Texas. Hell, I was raised in the country and still live in this state. Care to make a useful statement?

OT: Nah, I like my sexuality. Straight as a line. Women look soooooooooooooooooo much better anyway, so I wouldnt have any reason to start liking men.
It is a useful statement as far as why I wouldn't do it. There are happy gay and bi people in Texas, but it does carry a social stigma and makes life more difficult. I would take the pill if I was in an area of total or at least more complete social acceptance of gay and bi people because being bi without stigma would make life easier. I get hit on by way more gay men than women for some reason, so actually quite a bit easier. Not worth it if I have to go through ignorant hatred though.
Well thank you for extending that out, I just get mighty touchy when someone tries to slap a bad label on Texas for no reason. (Im Texas home grown, its in my blood, im guessing you know what im talking about).

I would say though the social stigma is not how people say it is (which is why I was trying to call it out). Yes there is a stigma, but that stigma is not big and really not life impacting (i.e. the kid I quoted above you calling it homophobia. I wonder if he is republicanphobic?).

But yeah, I see where your coming from, I just object to people saying that there is more than just a slight social stigma about it (which I can agree there is).

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
Use_Imagination_here said:
What the hell does extacy treat then? Depression?

LSD probably treats a lack of imagination.
Ecstasy was used in the great war as a means of stopping blood loss from wounds.
Not sure about LSD, but another example is opiates used as painkillers in the old days.

Also I wouldn't take any sexuality changing pill. women come in all sorts of beautiful so they're not really limited at all.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Nope. It would fundamentally change who I am. I don't have a problem with those who are LBGT, but in order for me to be attracted to a male it would have to change who I am. And on that note, what else would it change about me?

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
This pill would have no effect on me since i'm already bi.

For some people, this 'pill' already exists. It's called excessive alcohol.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'm actually slightly bi, but I could never get in a real relationship with a woman. And not just because my attraction to them is minimal compared to my attraction to men. I honestly find the way women tend to act to be annoying, and I find their bodies to be simultaneously interesting and absolutely mortifying. Weird and sexist, I know. But I can't help it.

And if I remained as scared of women as I am now, having an increased attraction would be... awful. So no, I wouldn't do that.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
No, as I'm fine with my sexuality. Plus, the only people I ever really interact with are my friends. I wouldn't want to chance becoming attracted to one or some of them and creating awkward situations. I'd have to try to meet new people, and I have very low level abilities in that skill tree.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I could see the benefit in this for a gay person who lived in a homophobic area, and maybe people who are already hopeless with their opposite gender.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
I don't see the appeal. Unless you are already attracted to both genders why would you want to be? Its not like being bisexual is more socially acceptable. I could see why someone would want to take a pill that makes you straight to avoid prejudices but there is no benefit like that in this scenario.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
This question is a difficult one for me to answer because I simply do not know if I would or not.

You see, I'm a very socially paranoid person who is always trying to understand people's intentions and opinions before I've really gotten to know them. This includes the topic of homosexuality. It wasn't until my mother had told me several stories about how she had stood up for a gay friends in highschool that I had gathered up the courage to come out to her and my (step)father. While they do know and appear to accept it it's a topic that we really don't talk about often considering that I have several younger siblings who weren't introduced to the idea of homosexuality yet.

The bisexuality pill would be a way out of it for me, at least to a certain degree. I'm always stressing even among trusted friends because I always fear about how they would react if they knew. If I could be attracted to women in the same way I am attracted to men then I could at least pose as a completely straight man and the issue would never come up. At least until I'm mature/confident enough to be completely open about it.

But of course becoming bisexual would be a change that shouldn't be necessary. For what reason would I be changing myself? Who am I trying to please? I would be hiding who I am and further feeding my insecurity. I don't believe I should change myself to fit other people's ideas, but then I think back and realize how easy it would be to just lead a heterosexual life and leave all of the emotional baggage behind me. Every time I have to uncomfortably sit there while my male friends admire a female model they find attractive I hope that they get the impression I'm just very sexually awkward rather then just sexually repressed. It can be stressful at times.

I'll say no because while I would support such a pill's use I would not use it. It would be good for people who want to explore other relationship possibilities. But I'm still trying to get a grasp of what I like in men at such a young age and the last thing I need is even more confusion involved in my sexuality. But it would be tempting.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Well, I'm already bisexual so I guess I'll answer another question.

I'd take a pill that opens me to more fetishes? As you said, its simply more options. No clue why people are over-reacting over such a simple question.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
If you are entirely sure you are heterosexual or homosexual or asexual, then a pill to make you bi-sexual would probably do more harm than good, you could make it so we are physically attracted, or turned onto someone of the opposite, same or any gender, but the effects it would have on our personality or sense of self would be drastic, and would more than likely drive away anyone you are currently in a relationship with, as you tear yourself apart trying to figure out your new self.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Catfood220 said:
No, I am happy with my sexuality the way it is, I have no desire to change it.

Plus, if I were to take this pill, all it would do is double the amount of people who don't want me.
Wouldn't it be the same number of people, just double the rejection you felt?

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Bwaaa?

I don't...okay.

No, I would not. I'm perfectly happy with my sexual preferences and I like the menfolk. They're awesome.

Boring, I'm sure.
Menfolk are overrated.

...But so hard to resist sometimes....

Sorry, was I drooling?

MysticSlayer said:
but why should I be dissatisfied because I'm not bisexual?
You say "not bisexual." I say "cheated."

I kid, I kid.

canadamus_prime said:
What? No! Call me arbitrarily limited if you want to, but I kinda like my sexual preferences the way they are.
You're arbitrarily limited. Well, like I told Daystar, I can't resist such a setup.

...Actually, I don't think it's particularly arbitrary, and I don't think limits are necessarily bad.

Besides, being what you are shouldn't be a bad thing. Even it it's "limited." :p

Honestly, the only reasons I can think of that one would want to change their sexuality come from external pressure, and that's not cool. Like, I suppose if someone was legit dissatisfied with their sexuality (as mystic was potentially talking about), then sure. But I can't see that happening unless someone's telling you it's wrong.

Then again, maybe that's the limit to my imagination.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
DarthSka said:
No, as I'm fine with my sexuality. Plus, the only people I ever really interact with are my friends. I wouldn't want to chance becoming attracted to one or some of them and creating awkward situations. I'd have to try to meet new people, and I have very low level abilities in that skill tree.
Thankfully, it is much easier to avoid situations like that than it seems. But it's certainly a legitimate concern.

Cecilo said:
If you are entirely sure you are heterosexual or homosexual or asexual, then a pill to make you bi-sexual would probably do more harm than good, you could make it so we are physically attracted, or turned onto someone of the opposite, same or any gender, but the effects it would have on our personality or sense of self would be drastic, and would more than likely drive away anyone you are currently in a relationship with, as you tear yourself apart trying to figure out your new self.
Hmm, that is an interesting point. Chemically altering your orientation and what it would cause with your psycological constitution.
To be perfectly honest, I hope we never develop such a pill, now that I've had a bit of a think.

EDIT: Although I did think of maybe one exception, such as when your orientation is actually harmful, like attraction exclusively to children. But it's one hell of a thorny issue.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Zachary Amaranth said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Bwaaa?

I don't...okay.

No, I would not. I'm perfectly happy with my sexual preferences and I like the menfolk. They're awesome.

Boring, I'm sure.
Menfolk are overrated.

...But so hard to resist sometimes....

Sorry, was I drooling?
I wouldn't say they're overrated, but one would have to be always in a relationship with them to say that...which I'm sadly not...and now I'm depressed....fuck....

Also, hard to resist?

I think that's the whole point. ;D

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
JoJo said:
No, because it would have zero effect on me.
This. You know how wonky drugs get when they don't serve their intended purpose, I don't even care to ponder what crazy side effects it could have.

sweetylnumb

Sep 4, 2011
There are pleanty of Bisexuals already, why do they need me? XD in all seriousness though, if i could take a pill that would change my life somehow i can think of millions of things i'd rather change than my sexuality, how unnecessary.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
That's a really strange question. And no, because I don't like dicks. Why would I take something that would make me like dicks? Specially if I still remembered everything about myself after I took the pill.

"Wait a minute, I didn't like dicks 15 minutes ago, what is this in my mouth?"