Poll: Would you trade greater intelligence for a shorter lifespan?

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
will1182 said:
Nope, I'm perfectly happy with my intelligence level right now. What's the point of being really intelligent if you have no time to enjoy it?
Pretty much sums up my feelings about this topic.

Quantana

Dec 3, 2008
depends i mean i don't know if i'll be 40 when i die or over 9000... (sorry for that just couldnt help myself) but if would be verry old yea sure..

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Would I trade an IQ of about 200 for 25 years off my life?

Nah, I like myself as is....
I'm not very special, but I'm happy.

Smiley Face? :D

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Definitely. From what i've seen of old people after 70 you are just waiting to die since your body is practically useless.

And yes, i know that's a massive generalization, and i know some old people still play sports (except for Lawn Bowls, which all old people play).

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Hell no man! Ever see that episode of Futurama where Bender becomes a human? At the end the scientists at the nobel prize ceremony tell him:

"Truly, you have lived more in your one week than the rest of us have in our entire lives."

Just because I'd be super-smart doesn't mean I'd have a life worth living.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
No, I'm all ready intelligent enough to have a minor superiority complex when around most people my age...

I say most not all. You are an exception...

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
No.

I'm kind of a coward, and also satisfied with how smart I am now.

There are certain people who desperately need to give up as much of their lives as possible to become smarter and more bearable, though.

Canton

Jan 30, 2009
I would trade enough of my lifespan to be smart enough to gain immortality ! MWAHAHAHA!

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
im already awesome, so more brains would let me make money faster. also, i dont wanna get old an wrinkly. if i die in my late 60's early 70's i wont be too sad.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I have the feeling the gods already gave me this bargain. I'm freakishly intelligent, and I already had a heart attack at thirty and probably won't live to see my sixtieth birthday (in truth, I'll be lucky to make 50.)

Qualko

Feb 8, 2010
Nah, already sufficiently clever, and I don't like the idea of living for less time... by the way, to some of the people above - making veiled boasts about your intelligence is likely to be a sign of unintelligence. Just saying.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Yes I would.Since a shorter life span would mean that I get rid of all those old folk homes and hospital years.

Cinnonym

Mar 3, 2010
This interests me because normally I would choose a longer life for the result of gaining experience and intelligence. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
10< then hell to the fuck yes. 20 years? no, at that point im happy with my current level of intelligence.