Poll: Would you try heroin if it were legal?

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
dagens24 said:
The question says it all. Well, would you?
No, I've seen and heard too much about the destructive effects it and other such drugs can have. I prefer to steer clear of such things.

Delicious Anathema

Aug 25, 2009
No way, I don't even like cigarettes (tried several times) and most alcohol bevereages so I don't think shooting up stronger stuff would be better.

That said pot > tobacco, but even then it's just meh... Crack just tastes horrible, it's a mystery for me why people like it.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
No thanks, wouldn't touch the stuff with a bargepole regardless of whether it was legalised.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
My issues aren't with heroin itself, but with the shit people cut it with. Assuming it is now legal, I imagine there are some form of governing factors in place to protect it. Then again since heroin metabolizes into morphine in your system, why wouldn't they just legalize morphine instead?

mcdain

Oct 2, 2011
Legal or not, I wouldn't come within a mile of the stuff. Recreational drugs aren't my thing.

(Cue some smartarse saying alcohol and caffeine are drugs.)

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
KiloFox said:
putting the highly addictive reasons aside, i'm TERRIFIED of needles... i could NEVER stick myself with one EVEN if it would save my LIFE... yes, it's that bad... i'd have to get someone to knock me out and do it for me. so no... i'd never do it.
I'm not terrified of needles per se, it's just that I hate having needles in me. It creeps me out and makes me uncomfortable. So no, I would not enjoy Heroine and I really don't understand why people take it in the first place.

The only drug I would try is marijuana, and even then I wouldn't be all the comfortable.

Anything that's harmful to my body I won't willingly take. (Which is why I won't drink or smoke either.) And, I'm under the impression that the only way marijuana is harmful is if you do something stupid while being high.

zarguhl

Oct 4, 2010
I'm surprised so many people said no. I expected at least 20%-40% would say yes and wouldn't have been surprised if it were as high as 80%.

I guess for the first time ever, I gave people too little credit.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
ultimateownage said:
SovietX said:
I have no desire to try any drug, regardless of whether or not it is legal.
Ever drank coffee? Tea? Coca Cola? How about had a prescription from the doctors? Ignoring the obvious ones, most medicines you apply to a part of your body (such as a remedy for a blocked nose or hay fever) will include Steroids.

Why do you have no desire to use a drug? The definition of a drug is a substance that alters the human body in some way when taken. I guarantee you have probably had a drug in your system at least once a week. Hell, your body produces it's own drugs. If we take those into account then you're on a drug at least once a day, or whenever you're excited, sad, or injured.
That's a bit nit-picky. Considering the topic at hand, I believe it's quite obvious what I meant when I said 'no desire to try any drug' I was referring to the hallucinogenic and recreational drugs (Marijuana, Cocaine, Acid etc)

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Fuck no. Why would I purposefully do that kind of harm to my body for the petty kick that it'd give me?

I can just about understand jackasses that smoke, trying to look cool and shit but tying a rubber band around your trackmark-ridden arm and putting in that needle with your trembling hands? Sounds real glamorous.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
No I wouldn't. I hate what the drug does to you and it is not an experience I would like to live through. Granted, I would enjoy it, but my sober self would hate me for it.

There are MANY more awesome and not addictive drugs out there. Heroin is just meh...

Jan 27, 2011
Uh....NO? I wouldn't even try pot if it was legal!

Firstly, because I'm already addicted to gaming and snacks and I don't need ANOTHER problem (not that gaming and snacks are BAD). Secondly, a very close friend of mine tried pot once and his reaction was "Wow, this is really dumb. I can't even finish a coherent thought. This isn't making me more social, this is making me ADD". He then told me that it was way overrated and I honestly shouldn't ever do it because it's honestly quite pointless.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nope, I know where my line is, and it isn't set much past weed. Heroin is fucked up.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
In comparison to drugs like weed, lsd or even tobacco and alcohol, heroin is by far the most damaging and addictive