Poll: Would you want a Chef or a Maid?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Colour-Scientist said:
A maid, my boyfriend's already a chef!

That or a butler if I had the option. Butlers are awesome.

Really?! Really?! You mention butlers, but not...

OT: Eh... I'll go with chef. Considering me, the maid'll probably end up being another nag as well... -_-

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Maid.

I have never cooked a proper large meal without a) burning it b) under cooking it c) doing harm to myself. I'm actually quite certain I managed to do all 3 while making a fish... Don't ask...

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lt._nefarious said:
Maid.

I have never cooked a proper large meal without a) burning it b) under cooking it c) doing harm to myself. I'm actually quite certain I managed to do all 3 while making a fish... Don't ask...
Actually it's not that hard to burn something and under-cooking it, it just means the flame was too high, as for doing harm to yourself, well I'm ridiculously clumsy so I feel your pain.
[sub]Stupid cheese grater, it always cuts my fingers.[/sub]

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
I want a maid. I don't care if she's hot but it would be a plus. I absolutely love cooking, so having a chef wouldn't be very fun. On the other hand, I hate cleaning up, so a maid would be awesome

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Kaleion said:
Lt._nefarious said:
Maid.

Actually it's not that hard to burn something and under-cooking it, it just means the flame was too high, as for doing harm to yourself, well I'm ridiculously clumsy so I feel your pain.
[sub]Stupid cheese grater, it always cuts my fingers.[/sub]
It's only easy to do all 3 while cooking a fish if you had actually set out to cook a fish, I was trying to make chips, I had no recollection of a fish being put in the oven prior and it wasn't until the fish was more or less on fire that I did notice, I put on the oven mits to take the fish out in an attempt to save my chips that were already half frozen, half burnt, pulled the baking tray out, dropped it on my toes, fell forward with one hand going into the oven. I would have had horrible burns if it weren't for my oven mits...

And that's why I didn't take Home Ec. Standard Grade...

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Maid. Definitely a maid.
I feel like a professional chef would just yell at me for interrupting him or get in my way when I want to make something myself.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I'd say a maid. I actually like making food and I think I'm somewhat good at it. Cleaning, however, is absolutely terrible and needs to die.

Plus, sexy French maid outfit purr

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Oh chef definitely.

I've never given a fuck about cleanliness, but have always been passionate about food.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i enjoy cooking, and i'm pretty good at it as well. i know what i like and how to make it. cleaning however i hate. so boring and lame and requires effort

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I find that I often get home too late to cook, so having a chef too cook healthy food for me would be awesome.

Besides, maids are relatively cheap and I could afford one of those out of pocket easier myself.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I would rather the chef--I like good food, though I dislike cooking for it.
However, I keep my place as clean as I like it to be, which is good enough for me.

And with the internet being the internet, I could find one as good looking as a stereotyped maid.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I like to clean and launder my own things but I'm mostly malnourished so the choice is pretty clear for me. Other than generally being malnourished, I can't really cook and lack confidence to try and the money to replace things when I inevitably mess something up. I couldn't afford a chef...

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Maid. There are many easy ways to get tasty food - ready meals, take aways, eating out. But no easy, affordable way to keep the place tidy without a lot of work.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Lt._nefarious said:
It's only easy to do all 3 while cooking a fish if you had actually set out to cook a fish, I was trying to make chips, I had no recollection of a fish being put in the oven prior and it wasn't until the fish was more or less on fire that I did notice, I put on the oven mits to take the fish out in an attempt to save my chips that were already half frozen, half burnt, pulled the baking tray out, dropped it on my toes, fell forward with one hand going into the oven. I would have had horrible burns if it weren't for my oven mits...

And that's why I didn't take Home Ec. Standard Grade...
Oh, that must have been scary, but it's quite an accomplishment to burn food you didn't even know you were cooking, but this leaves me wondering, why would you choose the maid over the chef if you are so bad at cooking?

[sub][sub][sub]So glad I asked, I imagined Nicolas Cage doing that.[/sub][/sub][/sub]