Poll: Would you want to die before or after your life partner?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I've discussed it with my wife. Her first, simply because I'm more emotionally solid and could probably handle it better. I don't think she could handle the loneliness. Not by much though...

My twin brother and I. I would hope we die in the same die-hard-esque hero moment.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Marter said:
I want to die simultaneously.

Because that's just how I roll.
I want everyone to die simultaneously! Mwha-MWHAHAHA-MWHAHAHAHA!!!

OT: Well at what age are we dying? If it is a young age, then I'd rather my partner keep living (if I had one), so me first. If we are both really old/close to death, probably have them die first so that my death doesn't burden them, then die shortly after their Funeral/Will have been taken care of (ideally with a will of my own set out so that dealing with my death is a quick and simple process).

Lorien077

Jun 30, 2010
As cheesy as it sounds despite my somewhat subpar health I'm going to do my best to outlive my husband. He's pretty sensitive, and I just can't stand the thought of putting him through that.

Especially after watching UP. T_T

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
After.

I'd use my magical god-like powers to make my partner immortal.

We'd both live together forever! =D

(May sound crazy if you think about it)

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Marter said:
I want to die simultaneously.

Because that's just how I roll.
Is this going to be the precursor to a murder/suicide headline? D:

OT: It depends. If you look at something like Up, where he seems lost, and is going through the motions of it all now his wife's gone, I'd probably want to go first.

Or, I could look at my parent's relationship. If my dad died first, I've no idea how my mum would cope. She'd probably have to sell the house, and go back to work, despite her back problems, or go on benefits, but I'd say she's too prideful for that. So if mine ended up being a situation like that, I'd want to outlive my future wife if only so I could make sure she was perfectly happy.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
After, not to sound selfish, but I enjoy living. On a different note, if I die before, the last words before my death will be "hey guys, check this out!"

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
neither. the same day my partner dies, i will commit suicide (hopefully in a painless way) so i can be with them in the afterlife.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
I'm a selfish asshole so after. I like living, so the longer I live the better in theory. If she dies late in life, I die later.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I would want to pass afterwards, just so I can make are last few moments count and give her the best possible passing.
Captcha: hobby-horse. What the fuck does this mean?

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Thread is a bit of a bummer, but I chose 'after'. Could I handle it? I want to say yes, but I am not sure. No one really knows how they'll feel or react to a situation until they are in it.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Before. Incredibly selfish, I know, but I'd like to think my partner is made of stronger stuff than I am.

Because I know that I wouldn't be able to last much anyway after he died. I'd be in a fit of grief and basically useless until I passed on.

I get teary eyed at cartoon characters dying and my grandmother dying was extremely painful. Anytime I thought about it I broke out into tears.

I'd hate to imagine how far gone I'd be if my life partner died. There isn't a pill made for whatever that would send me into.

Gizmo

May 4, 2009
I would much rather have them die after I, for I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone that I love.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Dying sucks whichever way you slice it, but I'd rather it happened to me after the person I care about.

I wouldn't want to leave them alone in the World.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
bullet_sandw1ch said:
neither. the same day my partner dies, i will commit suicide (hopefully in a painless way) so i can be with them in the afterlife.
So technically you'd choose after, because I mean you'd make sure they were dead before you went yourself.