Poll: WoW killer

vector13578

Aug 25, 2009
Blizzard stopping support for WoW and shutting down its servers would probably be the only thing to kill it, as for other MMO's most likely not. Course I gotta agree with WoW2 as well though it'll probably just be a $60 dollar expansion that boost the lvl cap and adds new items and classes.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Nothing will kill WoW, but TOR is the only one of those I will try. Soo..

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
A WoW killer would need less need for grinding and no monthly fee. I know many people who won't even touch MMOs because of their fees.

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
Nothing will 'kill' WoW, as people will always want to paly it. The only thing that would kill WoW would be blizzard shutting down the servers, and even then it's not likely to die.

Rolf

Jul 13, 2009
Too many people loves WoW. AoC was meant to kill WoW but after a while most WoW players that played that game went back to WoW.

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Cockney_Jesus said:
If people stopped releasing MMO's with the intention of 'killing WOW' then they'll fail.

I love WOW but people should really stop trying to 'kill' games and just try to make them original, fun and exciting.
Your first and second sentences are contradictory - I think you meant to say "If people keep releasing MMo's with the intention of 'killing WOW' then they'll fail". Alternatively you could just be schizophrenic.

Of the poll options provided, the only one I care about is Guild Wars 2, and since the subscriber model is entirely different, I really don't see how it could 'kill' WOW in the first place, since it would hardly be supplanting it.
Yeah that did come out wrong. Sorry. :p

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
Either Global Agenda (you haven't put it up there) or APB, I think APB is more likely because the gameplay is totally different and its a game by the guy who created GTA (original) so it has more likelyhood of becoming a success, plus it may be an mmo that actually has gameplay.

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
rossatdi said:
soapyshooter said:
We have all heard of "killers." They never seem to do the job. Killzone was supposed to be the halo killer and we've seen how that turned out. Do you think any of the upcoming MMORPG games will be a WoW killer?
Well the breeding rate of the average WoW player is substantially below that of the rest of society so within a few generations the problem will have taken care of itself.
Somehow your answer is creepy but positive.

WoW will commite suicide slowly and painfully, with Blizzard assisting. The game is looking and feeling tired. It will never go away, too big of a following, but will eventually placed in the older but still running catagories like AC, UO and others. It will die with the rest of the MMOs, when the next BIG gaming thing comes out.

I personally hate it, and I would love to see it destroyed by another MMO, but I am a realist, and if it hasn't failed yet, it ill be (eventually)like a white dwarf in the starfield of gaming history, always there never really forgotten....

Forthe record, I voted for none of the above, but that was not a selection on your list.