Poll: Xbone, kinect and privacy issues.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I think they'll record everything that we allow them to. People who can't figure out to change the security preferences are the ones they'll mine to the fullest.

In all honesty, this is the way things are going thanks to the likes of Facebook which COMPLETELY mines our data. That doesn't make it right, but it's not all bad. For example, eventually adds will stop being really bad spam, it'll start being stuff you actually care about. Finally, the vast space of the internet will stop thinking I need a larger weiner and will start offering tech and gaming ads that may even be relevant to the exact stuff I'm interested in.

That being said, I think I speak for everyone when I express the creepiness that would entail. I recall once trying to go to penny arcade and I accidentally searched on the word penny stock. I then proceeded to get emails about penny stocks to invest in. That was two years ago and that was already happening.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Of course they will.

Just like Google and Facebook record everything you do on their services for advertising purposes so will Microsoft.

The Kinect will analyze whatever data it can gather and send it off to Microsoft so they can most likely sell directed advertising just like most everyone else already is doing, including Microsoft.

And seriously? What PR nightmare? Like the one when it become known that Google scans your e-mail for keywords in order to give you personalized ads? Yeah... the horror... Microsoft sure wouldn't want that now do they...