Poll: Yogscast

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
Tax_Document said:
They're voices are so snivvly and annoying, it sounds like they have permanent colds.
they live in britain. ive had a cold for 10 years now. seriously. and thats an english accent.
OT:im watching them right now. i mostly watch their minecraft/WoW videos. sometimes i watch hannahs videos but they dont get uploaded often.
What...? My Grandmother and Grandfather, and my Aunt and Uncle live in ICELAND, and they don't snivvle and slurp every ten minutes, thank you.

Also, TotalHalibut, that other British bloke, also has an accent but doesn't sound like a wet hanker-chief.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Tax_Document said:
TrilbyWill said:
Tax_Document said:
They're voices are so snivvly and annoying, it sounds like they have permanent colds.
they live in britain. ive had a cold for 10 years now. seriously. and thats an english accent.
OT:im watching them right now. i mostly watch their minecraft/WoW videos. sometimes i watch hannahs videos but they dont get uploaded often.
What...? My Grandmother and Grandfather, and my Aunt and Uncle live in ICELAND, and they don't snivvle and slurp every ten minutes, thank you.

Also, TotalHalibut, that other British bloke, also has an accent but doesn't sound like a wet hanker-chief.
yes but britain is different. we just all have colds so we can complain because we dont like our government and complaining is fun for us.
and TotalHalibut is from a different place in the UK. you wouldnt mind the accents if you lived here for a couple of years.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I haven't been watching them for too long, probably around the same time as when they started the "shadow of israphel", but I think their great, very funny, and i try and watch most videos they put out.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
I like them, but I don't like the whole pre-made world in Shadow of Israphel, I really like the short puzzle series, especially when there's TNT or lava involved. :)

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
There ok, there minecraft stuff is massively over rated by the fans who ***** and moan about wanting another NOW!

There condemned play through is fucking annoying! Ok, Hannah isn't a console gamer so the awkward movements are understandable but her moving so slowly, seeing an enemy and taunting him while slowly edging forward is annoying! Not to mention the constant "HELLO! IS ANYBODY THERE!" in a really loud screeching voice!

It is mainly Simon that sloppily treads the line between funny and annoying, sometimes he can be funny but sometimes he just uses this loud screeching voice and says the same thing over for 20 - 30 seconds. I usually just turn the sound off when he does.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I started watching them just before the Minecraft videos. The Podcast they do is MUCH funnier than any of their videos, though.
I AM DAVE! YOGNAUGHT, etc. etc.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
I started watching the Minecraft Vids but it was the Podcasts that got me hooked. I am Dave Explantion mark Yognaut!

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
I think they are only popular because "Ooo a couple of British guys with their funny voices are doing videos!". I am British, so once you get past their nationality they aren't very interesting. Too many Minecraft videos, you'd think after playing the same game for so long they would appear competent at it, but I guess that's part of their 'act'.

grimmreapervi

Aug 20, 2010
I like them, it just bothers me that it seems that their shows are apparently aimed at 12 year olds.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Can I go with "They were cool, but haven't had a reason to watch them since the end of their WoW beta coverage"?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Yewah, I found out about them when I saw the Survival Island sigment they did, it was alot of fun.

Wow, first Yahtzee now those 2, are just online British comedians in general really good at making me laugh?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I only watch the yogtrailers, because 1) getting full yogscast episodes to load on an iPod would be murder. 2) I don't have a decent PC, and yogscast would make me want to play minecraft, but I can't.

Still, pretty damn funny.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
Some of my favourite youtubers, I RSS both of their channels. The only thing I don't like is how despite the scripted nature of the show (or perhaps due to it) when they are working stuff out in the Israphel series they go rather derpy. Blue's Clues derpy.

Look Simon a clue! I wonder what it means! Derpy derp. It makes them look stupid and is patronising to the audience as it implies that they should take a similar amount of time working stuff out...but I disgress. Nevertheless most everything they release I find to be pure gold.

Only started watching relatively recently...binged through all their minecraft stuff and some of the post-WoW stuff in the main channel (portal coop, animated podcast segments, not much else) then a few days later I found yogscast2 and went through all the trailers, though I can't really be bothered with all the lets plays. I don't listen to the podcasts but I've heard good things.

I don't know why, but I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-WH8jBdcw video much funnier than it should have been.

Sordin

Aug 5, 2011
I love these guys and have been following them since the start of shadow of israphel.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I only watch the Shadow of Israpheal series due to time and interest. SoI has wonderful buildings and is a great Minecraft RP overall, but it's still very long.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Aw man, I feel like a minority now, but.... I love the yogscast :) I think their videos and pod casts are hilarious and entertaining. I even watch them play games that I would never touch, such as portal 2 and HoN. While people have called them unoriginal and boring, I disagree, but that's subjective. The only thing I find wrong with them is that they massively start and perpetuate memes, which becomes ever so tiresome.

P.S. I watch Total Biscuit and OMFGcata (Jesse Cox) too :)