Poll: You and your best friend, and their gender

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
My best friend is a girl, and we met in the first year of high school. I'm now just leaving my second year of high school (as is she) so our friendship has progressed pretty fast.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I am male, 21 years old and my best friend is male as well of the same age. I don't really have any other friends so he is my best friend by default.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
im Male. and my bestie is too. and hes basically the only person i hang out with anyways. i wish i hung out with my best chick friend though. i havent seen her in about a month and wont see her all summer. so that sucks. but oh well. its nothing im not used to already. why the hell else would i be here?? xP

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Relevant:

Now, obviously I don't actually believe this to be true but it seems that it's certainly at least easier for people to make friends when there is no sexual tension involved. I'm bi, although I find most of my male friends (including my best friend) unnatractive so I'm not as nervous around them. Although I think really it's just about acclimitisation, the longer you spend around someone regardless of your attraction to them, the more relaxed you become.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I am male, and I don't have a best friend.

I have lots of friends, but none I really connect enough with to call them my "best friend".

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I'm a guy and the only best friend I have had was girl. I tend to relate better with women than men for whatever reason.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
My best friend and I are both guys. I just find I get along better as friends with the bros.

slippereend

Jan 4, 2011
I'm female and have multiple best friends of which one is female and the other one is male.
Most of my friends are male though, I prefer hanging out with them then with women. They understand games and geek movies and even deeper conversation better then most girls I used to hang out with.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Male, as is my best friend, who I've known for years but only for the past two years have I actually interacted with him more.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
While I do have friends, I don't have anyone I would like to call "my best friend" but if I had to choose one of my friends, it would be a she. (I'm male by the way)

But I'm a guy that has lost a lot of my feelings and I just want to hit on her, but I can't, I think that's a good thing.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Mix of both, but if I had to rank my friends in terms of various things, primarily trust (something that I don't give to many people, 3, to be exact) I'd have to go with male. (Male myself)

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm a 17 year old chap with a 17 year old chap as a best pal.
Most of my friends are guys, too. I have friends that are female, but they're majorly outnumbered by bloke friends. Such is the life of a generic nerd.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I don't have a best friend, just a bunch of them I hang around with. They're all male (as am i).

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
My original best friend is a guy.

However, my "best friend" is now multiple girls. All of them matter to me a whole lot, even though half of them hate the other half.

Male, by the way.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
i am a guy and most of my friends (including my best friend) are girls. i dont really know why this is but i seem to get along better with girls than i do guys. i still hang out with guys friends but when given the option i mainly hang out with female friends

and no, it is not because i am trying to "get in their pants", they all have boyfriends and i have no urge to go out with them

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
To those 4 people who chose hermaphrodite: I don't believe you.
My mate's male, as am I. I'm not very sociable with people, let alone girls. Hell, it's a miracle I have a best friend.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
I focus more on tight-knit close friends over many loose associations so I have a good mix of both, but my closest/oldest/LITERALLY closest friend is a lady-type that we both had feelings for each other but we never acted on them(because I'm in love with someone else). So I guess that makes her my best friend. And also awkward?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
FamoFunk said:
I'm Female(21) - my 'best' friend is Female. Alas, she's the only Female friend I have (i.e see, hang out with, drink with, talk with)
All my other friends who I do this with are Male, I have the added bonus I play games with these lot, too.

She's always been my friend, and I've been friends with the Males for 6ish years, but when I was 'group friend' hopping in school days, it was always Males I got along and friends with.
Crikey, I should really look at profiles more often. Since when were you a girl?! XD
Lawd, this isn't the first time either...
Lmfao! It's ok, you're not the first and I doubt will be the last to think that ;D

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I wouldn't say I have a best friend, since I don't like to pick favourites, but the friend I hang about most with is male. If he references me he'll say his friend is a girl, however, since I have long(ish) hair. Bastard.