Poll: "You brought condoms, right?"

CapnGod

Sep 6, 2008
GRoXERs said:
CapnGod said:
BudZer said:
Birth Control is against my religion. So if you don't want a baby, don't have sex.
Then so to is refraining from having sex. It's a form of birth control. So, what you're saying is that you must engage in sex as an attempt to procreate as often as possible.
Don't troll religious beliefs. The official Catholic (I assume he's Catholic, though there are probably other religions that feel the same way about it) line on this is that sex is for purposes of procreation only, which morally obligates you to try for a baby every time you have sex, so by not having sex you are avoiding the obligation to produce a child. It's not a form of birth control, it's a way of avoiding the issue altogether.
OT:
My girlfriend and I share the cost, and I'm not the "random sexual encounter" type of guy. In the OP's case, I'd say both: if it's just you out looking for love (♪♫ in all the wrong places, looking for love in too many faces ♪♫ [sorry, random Waylon reference for today]) I'd say it's your responsibility, if for no other reason than that you don't know the person you'll be hooking up with and you don't know what diseases they might have, so you could have more to lose from unprotected sex than the other interested party.
I'm not trolling religion. It's a valid argument. Let's look at it.

P1 - Catholicism is against all forms of birth control.
P2 - Sexual abstinence is a form of birth control.
-------------------------------------------------------
C - Catholicism is against sexual abstinence.

That's a valid argument. The conclusion follows with certainty from the premises. I'd also say that it's sound. Soundness coming from the fact that the premises are true. Now, show me how I'm wrong here. Granted, I'm using it to point to the lunacy of the statement, and the fact that throwing it in was more trolling than anything.

Mentioning religion did not contribute to the original author's solution. It didn't address the question. He wanted to know who should be responsible to bring the condoms.

Now, I'd say don't trust women to bring the condoms. Sorry, this will wound horrible, and I'm only suggesting this as a defense against the unscrupulous women out there. I by no means believe that all women are like this, but better to defend yourself against those that are out there. Buy your own condoms. You'll know they are fresh and untampered with. I'd probably look for urethane condoms, as they are better at disease prevention and therefore pregnancy prevention. It will also alleviate any latex allergies you may come up against.

There are women out there who will take advantage of the situation and get their hooks into you by becoming pregnant. Small, small minority, for sure, but better to be safe in this aspect than sorry.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
I don't know or care about any gender stereotype relating to this. You as an individual should be prepared for your own protection, yes this benefits others, too. I like wallets with enough space for a rubber, just don't carry more than one at a time, makes you look like Don Juan or questionably optimistic. :D

Aug 13, 2008
both cause one person's could burst, and you dont want to unneccessarily put pressure on either person or be able to blame either person if there isnt one

EDIT - i hate religions which impose their ideas of contraception onto others, that's why african countries have so much aids and other STIs being spread around these days - because some fucked up missionaries went over there and convinced them that condoms were a sign of promiscuity
godd fucking job guys

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
ArcadianTrance said:
Well I'm straight-laced (or a pathetic virgin what ever you like to call it) and on my oppinion in a perfect world both parties would be prepared, but this would require us girls to keep several different condoms with us, after all how are we supposed to know his size ahead of tiime? So I say man.
The female makes a good point :p (Don't mean that to be sexist or anything btw)

Regardless, I'd agree with the majority and say that everyone should have them just in case. I mean it should mainly be the guys responsibility but it wouldn't hurt for girls to have them just in case.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Both. If neither of you want a child / risk an STD then both of you should be willing to go and buy a pack of condoms. In my relationship I buy all the condoms and carry them around, however I've encouraged my girlfriend to carry some with her, simply because in the heat of the moment I don't think "Oh, better pop one in my bag for tomorrow just-in-caseys."

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
I'd say both. It should be your own responsibility, and her own. That goes for everyone else. Since you're in a relationship though, perhaps you can agree on who should. If you were out fooling around, you should always bring your own. That way you know they are safe. (at least, safe as they can possibly be)

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Both are obligated to bring them; end of.

However, women have to remember that us men aren't the brightest at the best of times, and more often than not men will forget to brng condoms. For this reason it is paramount that women keep a condom on them at all times :p Just in case!

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
I always carry at least one with me in my wallet should the occasion spontaneously arise. Depends where and when though. If you're going to a girls house it would be nice if she had some there rather than you bring them, but for the guys house and in casual drunken-back-alley-one-night-stand affairs I feel it's the guys responsibility.

chunkynut

Feb 3, 2009
Its both parties responsibility. I had this out with a lady on the weekend, its not a matter of trusting that she doesn't have an STD or that she is on the pill but its a matter of trusting the other men she's been with and her trusting the women I've been with to not have an STD if your choice is to not use a condom.

Her choice is that it feels weird but my choice is to err on the safe side and I'd prefer to wear one even if its not as nice ... she wasn't *ahem* at the right time of the month for those duties but had the conversation as we hadn't been intimate before.

So she's on the pill and I'll wear a condom if I have the willpower to do so ... damn.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Yog Sothoth said:
So, pregnancy is a side effect of sex, eh...? Or is it an STD...?

I voted "both". It's the responsibility of both parties to make sure that protection is provided...
Well...yeah, pregnancy is a side-effect of sex, its something that you Can get from it but wont always do, so by definition of the word Side-effect, yeah, it is.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
both, but birth control is the better solution. or if your paranoid about pregnancy use both

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Daye.04 said:
But I still say man, though. It's just a common thing for a dude to have condoms in his wallet. It's not as common for a girl to do that. As far as I've seen.
It's a two (or more) person act, and as such, all involved parties share responsibility equally for all aspects, condoms included. And oh me oh my, women have this wonderful device called a purse, which holds far more junk than any guy's wallet.

Also, just because she's on the pill or something of the sort, it's not a reason to not bring along the much more effective condom than relying on A) how well the pill works, B) whether or not she's telling the truth.
Okay. Totally. But uhm. Why are you telling me this? I don't need a lecture. I can see that you're very eager at giving one, though. Just hand it to some 14 year old kid or something.

I haven't said anything contradicting what you're so eager to share.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I say that both should have some on them, because chances are one or the other might not have. (also, while trying to not be corny, but it's better safe than sorry and such.)