Poll: You have a clean record. Excellent job, citizen!

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
I had a two or three day suspension for calling out a troll for being a troll. And I was right since the thread was locked, but still, don't call out a troll. That's the moderators business, if you see a troll, move along. Looks like I have a clean slate now, but that Neo badge would've been nice.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Nope. Nothing. Nada. I'm squeaky clean, not even a warning.

Does that mean I'm boring? :D

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I haven't gotten any warnings thus far. I tend to stay away from "dangerous threads" that could get me a warning.

I like my clean record, thank you very much.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
None whatsoever! I'M CLEAN BABY! YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON ME! I CANNOT BE TAKEN DOWN! I WILL SURVIVE!

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I got one warning ages ago for a low content post. I didn't know low content posts were a thing before that. Other than that, I've been a model citizen. There have been a few times where I nearly brought down the hammer on some threads, but bit my tongue knowing that I'd probably get in trouble for what I'd typed up.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I have been lucky and as of this post have yet to receive a warning from the mods although I'm more of a forum lurker then a poster.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
My health bar is clean, and I conduct myself in a manner that will have it staying that way. I'm not a mod kiss-ass or anything I just don't see the point in wasting energy being an ass/pirate-supporter/cat-hater/<insert nefarious deed-doer here> outside of 4chan.

StashAugustine

Jan 21, 2012
Never got a warning, mostly because I'm mainly lurking. Did get involved in a few R&P dustups but stayed polite about it, so didn't get warned.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Katatori-kun said:
Kopikatsu said:
I got a warning for agreeing with Extra Credits once.
WHAT?! I don't... whu... how does that even work?

My relationship with the mods is long and a bit unpleasant. We don't agree on the proper way to facilitate a polite forum, and so it seems the best way to keep both of us happy is for me to stay out of the R&P forum. And I don't really want to jeopardize our fragile balance so let's leave it at that.
They (Extra Credits) claimed the only 'right' time to pirate a game is when that game is no longer available. For example, they no longer produce ZotE:FoM for the Gameboy. So emulating that would be okay, because it and the system it's for has long since been discontinued.

So I got a warning for admitting to piracy. Specifically of the aforementioned game.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I've had six warnings. One was for advocating adblock, another was for a thread about daystars nipples and the rest were for low content. I (successfully) asked very nicely to have 2 infractions removed. I've got a good handle of the rules now anyway so I can't see another infraction in the future.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I was almost clean, only had a few more months, but a Happy Gilmore quote misconstrued as something serious landed me a warning.

Even after explaining what it was, I still didn't get it appealed, so remember kids, add disclaimers to everything because some people don't watch movies.
My one warning came form paraphrasing Clerks, someone was bragging about all the sex he had and I talked about how he was proud to have sucked 37 dicks in a row. It was still kind of in poor taste and my record is long clean now, but yes, quoting movies is dangerous.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I think, at its highest mark, I was at about five warnings. Apparently it's a bad idea to snap during extremely protracted arguments with people who have convinced me that they're just being intransigent and making excuses just because they can. It doesn't get them to take accountability for their BS, it just gives the mods something worth hitting you with the mod stick for.

Can't say I blame the mods; whenever you lose your temper in life, you lose. There's another important lesson here, and it's that it's not Internet mods' job to be the guardians of truth and justice in the universe, they don't have the time to differentiate who's punking who, they just have time to keep the peace by hammering down any nails showing signs of being disruptive.

These days I tend not to get into arguments on the Internet at all.
I eventually figured out that most people on the Internet lack the patience to read or otherwise adequate reading comprehension to understand one's points enough to effectively argue with them anyway. That, and it's really not that hard to disagree with someone forever if you set your mind to it. So why bother? Once they've drawn a line and picked a side, it's already over. People on the Internet will only be convinced of anything if they want to be.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Vault101 said:
Copper Zen said:
pfffffft

I'm one more infraction away from a ban....because I live on the EDGE! I'm hardcore!
Don't you dare die on us! D:

OT: I got one warning for a low post count, and it was so stupid that it's not even worth mentioning.

The other one was I admitted to using a ROM at one point and that was years ago when I was young and stupid, but I practically facepalmed when I realized what I did when I got the warning.

I've been clean for months and I'd like that to stay that way. :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Two warnings, one for making a response to a quote with only the word 'this' and another for making a pure-joke post. The latter got revoked, thankfully, but I'm still a bit cautious about making pure-joke posts.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Around 5 for low content, so nothing really.
I do find it odd that I can get warnings for that but when people throw vailed threats of violence at me they don't get warnings, that just goes to show how shallow some people are with reports.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I have gotten 5 warnings. all 5 of them are for "insulting" repeated problems when i got too heated discussing something. it is one of my problems, that i sometimes get too emotionally invested in discussion, however i still think 2 of them were not necessary at all. but oh well, do the crime do the time. time to not do anything wrong for 2,5 years.