Poll: You have a mysterious benefactor...

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Let´s play the imaginary game.

A person, you don´t know who, is sending you 100$ every month. There´s no way to trace his location or persona. Until one day, when you find a piece of evidence. It´s practically guaranteed to lead you to his location if you investigate it. But the benefactor has said he doesn´t wish for you to know who he is. What do you do?

Me? I prefer money, thanks. You?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Find him, since I've saved ever last dollar to give back to the creepy bastard since the beginning.

martianman

Feb 14, 2008
It's all a plan to set me up as a bank robber by sending me marked bills as an elaborate plot to get revenge for a misdeed I committed in elementary school.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Does he intend for me to become a gentleman and is he an ex-convict? If that's the case, I may leave him be.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
awesomeClaw said:
Let´s play the imaginary game.

A person, you don´t know who, is sending you 100$ every month. There´s no way to trace his location or persona. Until one day, when you find a piece of evidence. It´s practically guaranteed to lead you to his location if you investigate it. But the benefactor has said he doesn´t wish for you to know who he is. What do you do?

Me? I prefer money, thanks. You?
Well let's find out shall we....you start sending me 100 bucks every month and i will take this thread as "the clue" ;P

On Topic: Hmm i don't know...i would be curious to find out of course but i could really use the 100 a month and wouldn't want to jeopardize it

zedel

Sep 16, 2010
It makes me so happy that everyone so far has chosen "No, I don´t want to risk my money."

Edit: NO!!! Someone ruined it! D':

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Nah, I'll stick with the money and from what I've seen in other stories this kind of behaviour could be from somebody who is my real father, keeping himself in the shadows just wanting to provide for me without finding out the truth. Or some kind of stalker, but that's the risk I'm willing to take.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I'd probably leave him be.

Well, depends on the circumstance. If it's someone genuinely trying to make my life better, I'll keep the money. If it's some crazy person, probably have him arrested.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Valve has taught me it's best not to argue with Our Benefactors. Ends poorly.

Edit: That said, gifts make me feel terrible, so I'd just mail it right back.