Poll: You have found a cure for everything

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
You have found a vaccine/cure/magic dust/whatever for everything.now what do you do with it?

I would keep it for myself and become immortal. Because why let immortality go to waste? Plus giving everyone immortality would put a strain on our resources and I don't think hunger can be cured.

edit: fine it cures aging too *trollface*

and the escapist decided to eat my poll

]DustArma[

Mar 11, 2011
If hunger can't be cured then death can't either, and if you can be killed then you aren't really immortal, eternal life if you wish (Ha, DBZ)

Eternal life isn't really a good idea, someone is bound to find out and then lab tests, autopsies, etc will happen, and you will probably die in those.

I'd rather research this cure to try and replicate it.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
gabe12301 said:
You have found a vaccine/cure/magic dust/whatever for everything.now what do you do with it?

I would keep it for myself and become immortal. Because why let immortality go to waste? Plus giving everyone immortality would put a strain on our resources and I don't think hunger can be cured.
If there are no drawbacks and it cures any illness then I would keep it for myself and then secretly use it on people I care about. Old age isn't an illness or a disease so you'll still die from that.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
Harbinger_ said:
gabe12301 said:

If there are no drawbacks and it cures any illness then I would keep it for myself and then secretly use it on people I care about. Old age isn't an illness or a disease so you'll still die from that.
The thing is no one dies from old age, old age just makes the body vulnerable to other illnesses which would be cured by the vaccine.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I'd look for some large medical research group that isn't affiliated with a particular nation (like Doctors Without Borders or w/e), and give it to them. Such a cure is too valuable to let into the hands of some government that might use it as a way to influence other nations.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
gabe12301 said:
Harbinger_ said:
gabe12301 said:

The thing is no one dies from old age, old age just makes the body vulnerable to other illnesses which would be cured by the vaccine.
You die from old age because as you get older your cells lose the ability to renew and especially lose the ability to renew without a big error margin which will lead to death without being ill.

OT: if it gives me immortality I would keep it for myself and keep around to see what becomes of humanity, if it cures all illnesses and it is able to be mass produced without strain of the ecology I would sell it to everyone and try to get as much power as I can to change a bit of the world itself

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
gabe12301 said:
Harbinger_ said:
gabe12301 said:

Actually, as you age your body begins failing. Much like your skin wrinkles or your bones get brittle as you age, your other organs function more and more poorly, simply because the new cells being produced arent as good as the previous generations. Eventually, the weakening is severe enough that organs can fail spontaneously, regardless of whether there is any sort of infection.

EDIT: Is it a Ninja if the second response is more in depth?

Stoike

Jul 12, 2011
i would'nt let anyone have not even me. i'd destroy it. if it was known to exist it would cause a planet-wide war that could destroy everything

GreenSscythe

Mar 8, 2011
I would most certainly sell it for a year and then give the formula/cure/whatever to the Red Cross for free distribution. Oh and whoever said that you can't die of old age, its just disease is totally wrong. The heart just gets too weak to bump blood or the lungs too weak to breathe. Not some random disease, that's AIDS

Dark Dezzick

Apr 25, 2010
A cure for everything? Arsenic? Put it in the water...

Nobody seems to understand that the only "cure all" is death...

TheJesus89

Aug 4, 2011
Easy.

1) Show the cure to all the pharmaceutical companies, have them pay me billions to keep it off the market
2) Use it for myself
3) ?
4) Profit!

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I would release the vaccines for respective illnesses/diseaseas/etc. every couple of years, because for some reason I think releasing all of them to the public at once would have some kind of consequence. I would also get richer and richer over time.

If I was, however, to come across some kind of age nullifier, life lengthener, super serum (ie: Captain America), enhanced memory/intelligence, or anything else that would make me SUPERIOR to other human beings, I'd keep it for myself. Just sayin'.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I'd use it on my self, and people close to me. I'd then start traveling and curing people I meet. Soon, I would introduce myself publicly as a deity. However, the instant I detect people being greedy for the cure, I would destroy it, removing humanity's hope for a miracle cure, along with delivering a lesson about how not to let greed overcome reason.

Alternatively, keep it for myself and live eternally.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
gabe12301 said:
Harbinger_ said:
gabe12301 said:

Thats not true. Body parts wear down over time good sir.