Poll: You have to cut off a finger....

Scrubiii

Apr 19, 2011
Left ring finger. Climbing is the main use of my fingers, and that one is the weakest.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Left pinky. I've already broken it before, so I know I'm perfectly capable without it.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Left Index finger.

I have permanent nerve damage in that finger anyways, so I'm not losing very much.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Well I use all the fingers on my left hand to play the bass guitar. And I still would like to learn to play the guitar someday. That leaves the right hand. I use my index on the left mouse button, my middle on the scroll wheel and my ring on the right mouse button. That leaves my utterly useless right pinky to be chopped off and left for the dogs. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be allowed to keep it on ice and get it reattached.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Anyone who votes thumb even as a joke I'd want to see it happen, so right after I could brag about how I have opposable thumbs. Oh, and a pinky I guess. I'd like someone else to do it though, I doubt I have the testicular fortitude to do it myself.

teisjm said:
Ham_authority95 said:
Pinky finger on my right hand. I play guitar, so any other finger would be unacceptable.

While I AM trying to learn piano, and you kind of need all fingers for that, I'll just learn it without my pinky so people will be all like "Wow, you're talented!" and come to my shows.
This would be my first choice as well. Not only for guitar, but also gameing, where the right hand doesn't need a pinky for the mouse, the left does for the keyboard (pc keyboard, not music keyboard)

Of course there is a much better choice

Baron von Blitztank said:
The point is that you have to cut off a finger, which one is it?
Since the point doesn't state, whos finger it is, i would heroically cut off the right thumb of my captor (unless he/she was a lefty, then i'd go for left thumb) in order to save myself, the princess, and the entire world.
Loophole Man to the rescue!

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Weird as it sounds I'd choose the thumb of my left hand. Not quite sure why I'd rather that to the pinky which is infinitely less useful

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Left hand ring finger. I feel like I'd have a better grip missing the ring finger than if I cut off my pinky finger. Whether that's true or not that would be my choice if I had to cut off something.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
My pinkies are useful and they're actually rather long and flexible, but... if HAD to, I guess I would get rid of the Pinkie.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
The middle finger off of someone else, preferably someone who had annoyed me in the past.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Index finger, left hand. Seriously, try omitting it from activities for just a few minutes and then do the same with pinkies. You can almost replace index finger operations with your middle finger. That extra grip the pinkies provide makes a world of difference.

ferryman

Jan 8, 2011
I need all my fingers to type, except my right thumb, which is redundant. Only it's very useful for grasping, so it's hard to say.

Buttmunch Chicken

Aug 15, 2011
Middle Finger. It would make flipping people off a whole new adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
All of them woo self fucking harm!
Hell ill chop off my arms and legs too!
then freeze my self till 2027 and hope I get free argumentations!

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Right pinky, has no real use except hitting the shift key when im typing and im sure I could adapt.

Darkeagle6

Nov 12, 2008
Ugh... as a musician, the thought makes me shudder... but if I really have to, then it's my right ring finger. I believe it's the finger that would affect my viola playing the least.

But still... ugh.