Poll: You must choose

Murray Whitwell

Apr 7, 2010
Well.. Killing half the population would solve a lot of problems, and I wouldn't want to risk missing out on an automatic mass cull on 93% odds.
Yes, I want people gone.
Do I get to press the buttons more than once?

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
Honestly, it depends which people will be dying. That sounds awful, but some civilizations are more important than others.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Risk it because if, on the off chance I do kill everyone, I die as well, therefore, I wouldn't live with the guilt. However, if I just kill off half, then it is a monstrous act.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
option 2. option 1 might include someone important like the worlds greatest minds or a whole country or even worse... everyone in the video games industry!

starkiller212

Dec 23, 2010
Quite a few posters are surprisingly willing to kill billions of people just so the rest (naturally including themselves and their own monkeyspheres) don't have to deal with any "population problems". The whole point of solving societal problems like overpopulation is to improve the quality of life for as many people as possible; killing off a couple continents' worth of people seems like one of the worst imaginable ways to accomplish that goal.

Now I'll go to sleep disappointed in humanity once again.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
risk everyone and if all goes belly up I'll just take whatever backlash that comes my way before we all get wiped out

BlessedPaper

Jul 25, 2011
I would choose option 2, purely for the fact that i could be the 50% to live and i don't want to have to clean all those dead people up =P

Louzon

Apr 9, 2009
So...7% chance that everyone dies, or ONE HUNDRED PERCENT chance that 3.5 BILLION die? Option 2, please.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
First choice.

Oh, and I get to chose WHO dies and HOW excruciating it will be.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
PancakesSUCKTHEYDO said:
Kill half.

Makes living life for the other half much easier.
because you certainly didn't kill anyone important.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm going to go with option number 2.
But only because as the Mighty Vrex, I would actually be hoping that it fails and the entire human race goes extinct.

Alternatively, I could just do option number 1 but do it twice.