Poll: You, trash and the environment

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I do my part for the environment although it may not be enough. I find it hard to have to do other people's part for them. Part of me thinks I should just do it but a stronger part doesn't want to have to accommodate someone else's laziness.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I try to throw things away properly whenever it is reasonably possible, not for any enviromental reasons, but rather because it's bloody disgusting to throw your litter on the ground.

I think nothing of throwing food on the ground, various animals will eat it, but packaging, cans, etc all go into bins. Recycling bins if they are available.

At home I could probably recycle more than I do, but the recycle bin only goes once every fortnight and it is inevitably full within a week.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
My town has a recycling program that everyone pays for but I can't be bothered to get a bin. It's easier just to throw things in the trash.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I SORT of get some people not throwing things in the trash where I live, becuase in Bergen we are SERIOUSLY starved on "public waste disposal facilities" (did that make sense? XD). It DOES piss me off when people sand 2 meters from a trash bin, and instead of walking those 3 steps they drop it at their feet... Then again many of the bins are filled to the brim and are hardly ever emptied...

As for recycling? No I'm not very "hardcore" on that... I recycle bottles because I get some of my money back on it, and I recycle glass because my roomie insists we have to recycle glass... And paper, we have a bin for that outside. I recycle electric waste at work but not at home X3.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
I care a whole lot, and try to do what I can. Honestly, I don't understand people not caring, as it's pretty important that we start doing things differently.

Spaloooooka

Oct 5, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Your problem is, you're going to London. It's a shithole that gets everything it wants because the Government lives there.
whelp. Speaking as a 'Londoner' insert offensive immigration joke here ...... .....about not all of it being wanted.
We get a lot, most of it on pointless stuff like art. :/

Jun 11, 2008
Well yes I always throw stuff in the proper bins and my family recycles now while this doesn't make us saints by any stretch of the imagination. I can't get my head around people standing within a few steps to a bin and throwing their rubbish on the ground neither do I see the problem in holding onto it.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
I hold on to all my litter until I get to a bin and I am using green electricity but I I don't have my own vegetable garden or reuse containers to help cut down on pollution. It comes down to effort kinda. If I litter then some other guy is going to have to clean it up when they could be doing other things.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm from NZ, I grew up getting propaganda-like messages of respecting the environment. Not that it's a bad thing, I feel lucky to grow up like that. I never litter and never will. If I'm alone I'll even pick it up and put it in a bin :p.