Poll: Your Father's Vote

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
well, I go voting, although maybe not the same people/parties my dad votes. (we share most opinions, but that doesn't mean shit in the mass of german parties)
there are several problems with the question, though:
I have NO IDEA why it would only target the father of the family. I mean, wouldn't it be a better assumption to ask if we vote the same as our parents? It makes me feel like women are not allowed to/just plain don't vote in the US or something.
Second thing is, this question seems to be mostly targeted at US people, who don't really have any democracy at all (there is just plain no choice for people to take in the system. There are two parties - one full of retards, and one with slightly less many retards).
*rages on forever about the political system in the US*
*ahem* Anyways, let's stick to the important question. Why the daddy focus?

Comando96

May 26, 2009
My dad is an Ex-Military now alcoholic who just yesterday was charged for his 4th drink driving offence and banned for 4 years, on probation for a year.

He thinks Britain still has an empire, he wants to break off all ties with Europe, fill in the channel tunnel and start trading with solely India, Canada, Australia etc etc etc

I wouldn't vote for the same party as he would even if I was on fire and they were the only ones capable of putting me out.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Why yes, since we either vote for the slightly less incompetent people party (Unidad Nacional), or the PSUV which has been the dominant party (with different names) for the past 12 years. And since inflation, increasing crime rate, corruption, totalitarism, amongst other fun things don't go with us, we vote for Unidad.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
My father actually switched over to the party I am in now so we probably vote for some of the same folks.

One of Many

Feb 3, 2010
Well we don't plan it out ahead of time, but when the pool results are in and we both make the same victory and defeat gestures, well, I guess we voted the same.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Depends on who he votes for. Like people actually should, we vote who we think would be the best for the current time. Party loyalty is an inherently ridiculous idea when you consider the fact that circumstances change.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I doubt it. I don't vote based on a party. I vote based on the person. Although if they are against stem cell research it is really hard to win my vote.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Portuguese politicians take turns to see who finally runs the country down the shitter. Finnish political parties are all the same shit in different colored packages. I don't vote and neither does my father.

Still tells me I should do it though.

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
Not sure how to answer. In local and to some extent state elections, it varies, but in federal elections, I think both of us would sooner vote for a baboon than a Republican... or a Republican baboon, I suppose.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know my father.
But even if I did, I wouldn't vote for anyone because I currently have no faith in any of the political parties.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Voted "unsure". I don't like talking politics with my parents, especially with my father. We might vote for the same party (Whenever I'm not voting for a smalltime party like the Pirate Party), but it's definitely not for the same reasons.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
yes. He does out of tradition, i because i actually still care and sometimes work for the party. At least for the left winged part. I know a good lot of the politicians in person and therefore feel confident in my opinion.
My first vote went to the wrong bunch. i was tempted by a single candidate that seemed to represent me pretty well. Problem was, the rest of the party didnt, at all. Dumb enough they are part of the government now and do the exact opposite of the stuff i would want. So, dont vote for people, vote for programs.

Turigamot

Feb 13, 2011
I'm libertarian. My Dad is ultra-conservative. So while we might vote within the same party, our viewpoints, and therefore candidates, are diametrically opposed.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Haven't talked to my father since he refused to come to my wedding. So.... odds are poor. Also, he was a racist asshole.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
I think so, yes. Here in NZ there are basically about 5 parties that are a viable party vote (we use MMP, which I think is awesome) He's definitely more socially conservative than I am, but not far enough apart that we fall under different parties here.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Didn't vote this year, didn't vote same as dad last time (although in the same general direction, just one more step to the left or so).