Poll: Your favorite character in Lord of the rings.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Aragorn, he's a man of valour, humility, honesty and loyalty. A fine warrior, devoted lover, valiant leader and an exemplery King. He's just an all round awesome guy.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Did not vote, because there's no Witch King option. He owns Gandalf, but they cut that scene out of the theatrical version.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
On your list: Sam.
Off your list: Gollum.

Also, lol at the main character getting only one vote so far.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
SHELOB! I've explained several times before on here why she is so awesome, but I'll be brief and just say her nihilistic philosophy and greater will than Sauron make her the best villain ever.

Fishtie

Sep 19, 2010
Merry and Pipin all the way. Hobit knights to the field!

Merry wins out slightly due to helping kill the Witch King.

blindthrall said:
Did not vote, because there's no Witch King option. He owns Gandalf, but they cut that scene out of the theatrical version.
Owned!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
My favourite character is Eowyn she resonated the most with me when I was younger. Slaying the witch king with Merry was very bad ass.

"But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund?s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."

HELL YEAH.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Boromir without a doubt.

:(

C'mon ... how could you not like Boromir?! He's tough and strong-willed, but not 'descended-from-the-Numenor-120-years-old-yet-still-spritely' tough and strong-willed. Boromir, like Faramir, is a figure us mere mortals can aspire to be like. Aragorn is all 'Chosen One'-ish so arrows bounce off him, Legolas and Gandalf are as close to immortal as you can be and still reside on this plane of existence, the hobbits are .. well .. hobbits. Gimli is pretty cool, but sadly he's just a comical extra in the films rather than an orc-slaying choppy-choppy death machine.

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
Gandalf, without a doubt.
I mean seriously, it's friggin Gandalf, and Gandalf is awesome.
However there are very few characters I don't like(so few in fact that I currently cannot think of any).
The Fellowship itself, including Boromir is just awesome.
Funny that I noticed this thread just now, maybe 10 minutes after deciding that I'm going to watch the trilogy again and soon. In 1080p. The extended editions. Yes, I am excited.
I've seen all three films more than 4 times each, and I still want to watch all of 'em again.

I seriously cannot wait.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Haha, I remember arguing with my little brother at which one of us got to be Legolas after we saw the first movie.

Seriously, guy was Bad Ass.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Wow, when I saw the poll I was like "Oh god everyone is going to pick Legolas those damn fanboys!" I planned to pick Gimli, having always loved the dwarves in Tolkien works. (Gimli being the coolest of course) I was touched to see Gimli being the highest on the poll, which is quite honestly the least thing I expected. If not Gimli, Gandalf, of course. Facial hair is quite manly.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Gimli. Just something about a dwarf in high fantasy. Probably because out of them, humans and elves. They're portrayed the least. Actually thinking on that The Hobbit, the vast of the cast were Dwarves. But throughout other works not nearly as much. Need more dwarves, they're awesome.
So going to see The Hobbit when it hits theaters in afew years.