Poll: Your favorite Star Wars game?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Of those choices...I guess the first Force Unleashed, closely followed by Rogue Squadron. Battlefront had a huge fun dropoff for me after playing it for a few hours due to it being repetitive. It also felt kind of weird...I don't know how to explain it. Very Arcadey, I guess. That's not really my thing.

Force Unleashed was pretty fun, had a passable story. The bosses were great until they brought out the QTEs.

My real Star Wars list:
1. Knights of the Old Republic
2. Knights of the Old Republic II
3. Shadows of the Empire
4. Super Star Wars
5. Star Wars Episode I: Racer
6. Force Unleashed
7. Rogue Squadron
8. Dark Forces
9. Battlefront II
10. Battlefront

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Fetzenfisch said:
Shadows of the Empire.For it has everything a good Star Wars Game should have. And for nostalgias sake X-Wing. I guess its the 2 games i played the most hours summed up.
It has Wompa Stompa. That is all any game should need

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Another one for Jedi Outcast. That said I'm a huge Bioware fanboy, so KoTOR would be my favourite Star Wars game if it was a choice.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Battlefront followed by Republic Commando, I only want to know where the sequals that deserve to come out before Force Unleashed(FU [wow I only just realised the irony now]) 3
I liked 1 but needed work also 2 but it needed length, and that is only to start with

Madshadow

Mar 10, 2011
Starwars Episode 1 pod racer should be mentioned more often. All though it's not my number one Pick that has to go to Jedi Outcast, Shadows of the Empire is also very noteworthy and Rebel Assault 2

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
KOTOR II is my favorite, but as far as the poll goes, I love the Battlefront games. I'd kill for a current gen one.

Fellwarden

Sep 25, 2008
KotOR, even though I never got around to finishing either game.. Aside from those, Jedi Outcast.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I would say almost a tie between Republic Commando and Empire at War. Although neither of those games run on my computer after I upgraded it. =(

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
-KOTOR was omitted so there'd be a competition-
What is your favorite game based in the Star Wars Universe?
Sorry, only ever played KOTOR.

You did realize that, even by omitting it, KOTOR is still going to be everyone's write-in. I don't even like Star Wars, but I got roped into playing KOTOR. And it was a great game. ^^

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
EHKOS said:
Fidelias said:
Republic Commando. Because that game gave us Sev. And it's probably the best squad-based shooter I've ever played. And because 1138 is a BOSS!
I'm not sure of the timeline, but I recently found out about books that have Sev and Delta Squad in them. Not sure if they detail what happened to Sev but I am reading my first one right now.
The books are prequels. The first one is pretty good, but after that they suck. Karen Traviss has a bad habit of trying to make her characters look cool at the expense of actually well-developed and awesome characters.

She ought to be thrown in author hell for what she did to Timothy Zahn's characters.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
triggrhappy94 said:
-KOTOR was omitted so there'd be a competition-
What is your favorite game based in the Star Wars Universe?

My favorite, it was a close call, has to be Republic Commando. I loved that game, really want to see a sequel or remake.

EDIT:
I would love to include ever Star Wars game in the poll, but there's only so much room
You should have included Jedi Outcast, that game was far more popular than Jedi Academy.

Also love live Shadows of the Empire, worst game ever but for some reason I can't stop playing it!

Dash Rendar FTW

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Jedi Outcast only counts if you turn on the dismemberment cheat and have the lightsaber in the first mission. Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? The first three missions are the BEST for the lightsaber, and shit without it. Also, the level design was shit compared to Jedi Knight. Still, lightsaber was worth it.

Tie Fighter is the best

Pod Racer is the only racing game I ever play.

I don't even like Star Wars. Star Wars is shit, but so many good games. I should play Mysteries of the Sith again for that badass purple temple at the end.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Reet72 said:
Sober Thal said:
Rogue Squadron. (Spell check OP!!!!)

Is it odd that I name every pilot character, in any flight sim game, Wedge?
No, in fact I find your choice perfectly acceptable.

OT: I went for battlefront. I think I have spent more time playing that game than any other (with the possible exception of Advance wars dual strike). What I don't understand is if at the time BF2 was the best selling star wars game ever and there was easily room for a sequel why didn't they do it? I mean, 2 was a lot better than all that other dreary rubbish they have come up since then. Why in hell did they make Force unleashed 2 instead of battlefront 3? WHY?!
I think it was EA moving the battlefield games into bad company + Pandemic Studios got shut down. That axed BF:3

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
How the hell is KOTOR not on the list. YOU ARE BANSIHED MEATBAG! (Best gatekeeper voice) But seriously yea. Knights 1 & 2 imo did the best job at storytelling and displaying the atmospehere of the Star wars universe.