Poll: Your favorite superhero

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Batman pwns! Why? Because he is just an average joe with a lot of fun toys. Yea I know Stark is the same way, but his whole over-the-top arrogance thing annoys the hell out of me. Bruce is a bit of a recluse, which I like.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Other.

Bishop.

Followed by Batman, Spiderman, Gambit, Wolverine, Beast, Dr Strange, & Venom.

I don't like picking favourites with these kinds of things.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Leonick said:
Iron Man, always liked they guy.
Of course Batman and the Martian Manhunter are pretty nice to but Iron Man is the favourite.

LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Iron Man isn't a Super Hero. He's a vigilante who joined The Avengers. He has no powers.
Same goes with Batman. Excepting the Avengers thing.

Superman isn't a Super Hero. He's god. The only thing he can't do is anything he hasn't tried yet.

Wolverine isn't a Super Hero. He's a mutant, and an X-man. What he does doesn't follow the archetype of how super hero's function.

Polls for these are terrible, it's always too limiting.

As far as the people who do follow the archetype? Captain America.....Or Thor.
Well you're a funny guy... So, Superman isnt a superman because he is a God, and Wolverine isnt a superhero as he is a (natural) mutant (enhanced with a adamantium skeleton), yet Thor the God of Thunder and Captain America a man that has purposely been mutated to be at peak human human physical conditions (he doesn't really have any "super powers") are Superheroes? Hmmm :p
Sure maybe Batman and Iron Man should just be called costumed crime fighters or costumed vigilantes but is it really that different?

Wikipedia puts it as
"By most definitions, characters strictly require actual superhuman powers to be deemed superheroes.[3] However, this term can be applied to characters who perform the same functions but are devoid of such powers and abilities who are alternately referred to as costumed crime fighters;"
Personally I'd just call all comicbook heroes superheroes and be done with it.
In that case I pick Garfield.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I've always liked the Punisher, so I voted other. If I were to remain within the main choices of the poll though, I probably would have picked Batman or Iron Man.

I tend to prefer heroes who use intellect, training, and technology to fight the bad guys. Heroes like Superman have always been pretty uninteresting to me.