Poll: Your Favourite Fantasy Race

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Warforged from Eberron.

While dragons are an obvious choice, not needing to eat, sleep or breathe but nevertheless still be counted as alive rocks.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Dwarves are spectacular. But because I am a hardcore Science Fiction novelist I usually have to have a reason as to why they exist in the first place (Evolution, Culture, Placing, which is pretty easy anyways). I chose Humans because... well... I am one.

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
My favourite race would be the Great Race from Yith. They can travel in time and take your brain with them, but they're friendly-ish to humans.

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
My favourite race would be the Great Race from Yith. They can travel in time and take your brain with them, but they're friendly-ish to humans.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
My answer, by its essential definition, is not an poll option. My favorite fantasy race is one I've never seen before. If there's one thing I can't stand it's how fantasy tends to shamelessly reuse the same five or so races. I'm sick of elves, I'm sick of dwarves, I'm sick of orcs, and I'm sick of dragons. I prefer it when the author invents their own races, or at least shows me one that's new to me. Khepri, for example. Anybody out there read Perdido Street Station? Khepri are a race of humanoids with the bodies of red-skinned humanoid women from the neck down, and a fully formed giant beetle for a head. The males of the species are just giant beetles. Suffice it to say, China Mieville is my hero.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Mind flayers. Anything with tentacles, really. I'll let you speculate as to why that is but I think I best let my reasons remain unsaid...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The Charr

they are a race of giant spiked cat monsters who are also rather atheistic and the most technologically advanced race in the world.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Minotaur have absolutely nothing to do with buffalo.

I go with dwarves, they know where it's at.

Ometochtli said:
Dragons, Werewolves & vampires(Not the sparkly kind).
People should start referring to them as 'real' vampires.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Elves. Not just any Elves but Wood Elves. The Wood Elves from warhammer fantasy are the finest example for me, though this may be due to the connection between Elfkind and forest spirits. Dryads, treekin and the like are also among my favoured fantasy races.

Though night elves from wow can take a hike, not a fan of those due to the weird character models in the game.

Keymik

Oct 18, 2008
Humans. Because they are the jack of all trades of fantasy and I won't have to remember their five million word backstory about how their goddess did this and that and her lover did this and they died and sadness and nature. Humans just have much more simple stories.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Considering that Fantasy Can mean SF then I choose ALIENS (any alien I'm not picky)

But considering that you meant Tolkien Fantasy then I choose High Elves.

YamadaJisho

Sep 22, 2009
Elves. What can I say, I love the ears. Had a girlfriend that used to wear the ears when we had sex. It was awesome.