Poll: Your Favourite Fantasy Race

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
elves
but not running through woods with bows and curved swords elves but sitting in an ancient building being smug about my superior intellect knowing shitloads of magic elves.
or drow.

Jordan_17

May 19, 2009
It's usually Elves, but it changes on the game. For example Orcs & Dwarves are my favourite in WoW, but Elves are my favourite in Dragon Age and all the Elder Scrolls games.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Trolls! The nordic fairy tale kind.

Dragons are awesome too though =D

Cenequus

Jan 31, 2011
What's wrong with scientific-fantasy race? I'll go with salarians. While most people think as them having Mordin in mind(bad-ass nerds),I think of them having in mind Captain Kirrahe,which is freaking awesome.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Protoss. Because whats not to like about a race of aliens who have two lightsabers on their wrists?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
josephmatthew10 said:
Fools. Surely I'd enter this virgin world as the sort of elder god that will shape it's cultural and perhaps physical landscape for eons to come, the type of monolithic, eldritch presence whose fearsome wrath will strike fear into the hearts of emperors, whose manifold blessings will be sought by tenacious priests, whose indescribably knowledge will be lusted after by wizards and sages, and under whose name the mightiest warriors will venture forth under.

Kneel, ye mortals!
Does the Avatar of Kaela Mensha Khaine suit you?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/4/4e/Avatar1.JPG

Anyway, I think I'll go for Drow/Dark Elves.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
DROW! I don't really count them under the typical elvish races.

captcha..is...IS THAT A SOLID BLACK BAR!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TYPE THAT!?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Shoggoths. Screw having a definite volume or mass, they can design their own digestive systems for the sole purpose of eating you, and then recycling that digestive system to make a giant sword appendage.

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
Dwarves, no matter what they are always going to be badasses. Only race where you encounter one of and go "Man we're boned."
Elves are always annoying, not how they are but how people like to portray them as marry sues.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Hrngh, I can't really think of my FAVORITE one. I like dragons, orcs, dragonish races, khajit, any humanoid race with an exotic skin colour (green, red, purple, etc)... Now that I've started DND: Shardmind, Githyanki, Eladrin, Genasi, Warforged.

The only race I dislike in a fantasy setting are humans. Seriously, why are they always there? They're like the bloody fantasy plague, and they are vastly inferior to all the other races, and somehow they are on top? It has never made sense to me.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I don't actually have a favourite race (I realised, as I looked through this thread for inspiration). I usually pick a race based on how beneficial it will be to my class/playstyle, and secondarily based on looks/lore.

I suppose I have a preference for dragons and the undead (Vampires, zombies, skeletons, whatever), and if a game includes a unique race, I'll probably want to try it out at the very least. But yeah, all that comes second to optimizing my characters.

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
Lataziba said:
Worgen for the win...a permament sentient werewolf? i mean common. plus they can change into humans whenever they want (although it doesnt last long)
You forgot the most important part of being a Worgen my friend. THE TOPHATS! A worgen is always a gentlemen...except when they're eating your face off, but they have proper manners when doing so at least.
Worgen are defintaly my favorite and deserve more content then Blizzard was willing to put out
(Seriosuly, Worgen get a Small Tree in Darnassus and half of thier lore from quests are found in Silverpine for Horde)

Jack O'Shea

Jul 17, 2011
i dont know which game lets you play as a golem but they would be soooo cool. Huge stone monstrosities walking around and it's not like you have many weaknesses, your STONE and honestly how many people people carry a jackhammer into battle.