Poll: Your Game of the Year so far

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
What, in your opinion, was the best game of 2011 so far?

In my opinion, it was Portal 2, followed closely by Arkham City, then Mortal Kombat.

Votes:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 10
Portal 2 - 10
Batman: Arkham City - 6
Catherine - 4
The Witcher 2 - 3
Dark Souls - 3
Terraria - 2
Dragon Age 2 - 2
NBA 2K12 - 1
LA Noire - 1
Pokemon Black/White - 1
Gears of War - 1
Frozen Synapse - 1
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD - 1
Shogun 2 - 1
Disgaea 4 - 1
Alice: Madness Returns - 1
Persona 4 - 1
Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - 1
Crysis 2 - 1

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The voices in my head have come to a consensus after being torn between Dark Souls, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and Catherine. They chose Catherine.

Magnikai

Oct 29, 2008
Batman. I'm a heathen and haven't played Portal 2 yet. I actually haven't finished the original.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
It's been a pretty long year... or maybe I just have Alzheimer's. Why do all those games seem really old to me?

Anyway, I'd have to say Portal 2. I haven't played Arkham City yet, though, so don't get all excited, Glados.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Out of those options, Portal 2. (havent gotten Arkham City yet though so..)
However i voted other because Deus Ex is the most fun ive had so far this year. (despite the crappy ending)

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Catherine

A fun, unique game that provided exactly what I was hoping for and a lot more besides.

However, if I HAD to pick from the list... Portal 2.

I like puzzle games - can you tell? ^^

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Deus Ex, with honorable mentions to Witcher 2 and Dark Souls.

though I still haven't played Arkham City, LA Noire or Catherine.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
.. Persona 2: Innocent Sin.. and Catherine. They chose Catherine.
Do remakes count for GotY? If so I might have to add Devil Survivor: Overclocked to the list..

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
I haven't played Arkham or Dark Souls so am not in a position to comment in my own opinion. I'd go for LA Noire, but I know full well I'd probably enjoy the other two more.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
MisterShine said:
Deus Ex, with honorable mentions to Witcher 2 and Dark Souls.

though I still haven't played Arkham City, LA Noire or Catherine.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
.. Persona 2: Innocent Sin.. and Catherine. They chose Catherine.
Do remakes count for GotY? If so I might have to add Devil Survivor: Overclocked to the list..
I'd say so. I don't see why not. Although, Innocent Sin was technically just released in the West. If they do, my GOTY for next year has already been decided.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Hands down The Witcher 2 for me. Met and exceeded my expectations, and I just loved it to death. Just did everything right for me, and a shining example of what a game sequel should strive to be.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is runner up, and only falls short in a few places where it could have otherwise been perfect for me. Also "The Missing Link" DLC pissed me off in the sense that they decided to sell us an integral piece of the story for 15 bucks when it should have been in the game. I'll wait for the price to drop if I ever consider getting it.

I'm also throwing Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together in here as another runner up, because it's fucking Tactics Ogre. Excellent remake of one of the best SRPGs of all time, and anyone who is a fan of FF Tactics should not hesitate to pick this up.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
"Deus Ex: Human Revolution", "inFamous 2" or "Alice: Madness Returns".

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I'd have to say Terraria, because it ate up a huge chunk of time, most games I don't play much more than 10-20 hours, I logged 52 hours on this. I enjoyed every last second.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
So far it would have to be Deus Ex: Human Revolutions.
Getting Batman: Arkham Asylum and Dark Souls tomorrow, and there's still a lot of games from this year I haven't bought, unfortunetly. :<

violinist1129

Oct 12, 2011
Deus Ex so far, but SR3 may win me over. It really depends on whether I'm feeling serious or silly at the moment.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'd have to say Arkham City.

Portal 2 was awesome, but it doesn't have much replayability.

Deus Ex was great, but it had some gameplay issues and the ending was about the biggest letdown since Kotor 2's ending.

Arkham was just plain great. It has it's issues, but it definitely makes up for it's faults, and then some. I'd give it a 9/10.