Poll: Your Library

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Well over a hundred. Two fairly large bookshelves and two standard footlockers full of paperbacks...

barash

Mar 29, 2010
Never really counted, but got several crates at my mom's and about 30 at home. Somewhere above 100 is a safe bet. The vast majority are fantasy and sci-fi related, and quite a few are graphic novels like Neil Gaiman's Sandman as well as Preacher, Bone and a few others.

My 'excuse' (when talking with my non-reader acquaintances) for buying so many books are that I mostly use public transportation when going about my business and need to kill time. For some reason that is the only thing they can seem to wrap their heads around when it comes to understanding how anyone can enjoy reading.

Different strokes and all that.

Reminds me of a story Bill Hicks told in one of his shows; He was sitting in a truckers diner in a small town somewhere in the states, the waitress walks over and asks him 'whacha readin' for?'

Not 'what are you reading', but 'why?'

Kinda sums it up. RIP Mr.Hicks.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
Only got my textbooks and 2 novels.... Lost everything else in a fucking flood caused by Typhoon Ketsana...

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Way less than 50. Most of the books I read I get from a library or my uncle, because he's an english teacher.

I don't even own my favorite books.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
A lot. Haven't counted, but I have several boxes under my bed, and entire bookcase and two drawers of books. Some lying around the house, one in my bag, some in my locker at school and one in the bathroom. have a lot of books, but not enough. I've read all of them at least twice.

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
Well around 1000. A lots of classics, modern fiction, history, law and mechanics literature, lots of children books, few sets of encyclopedias and much other stuff.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Definitely over a hundred, probably something more like 300. I've been reading ever since I was very young and I'm 23 now (I remember reading the Star Wars EU Thrawn Trilogy when I was ten or so, and I was reading before that as well. I'm not gonna count Goosebumps, though. I had nearly all of those but gave them away a few years ago). I kept most of my college textbooks and just read a lot in general. Now, with Kindle, my library is expanding even more rapidly. It's a joy being about to read outside without the hassle of holding pages down (especially at the beach, man was that a hassle).

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I actually just purchased a new bookshelf the night before last, and set about filling it with the overflow from my existing (and overcrowded) bookshelves. At this particular stage I average about two or three new books per month, because I'm at the cusp of the new release cycle for the ongoing concerns that I follow, but I've been known to track down and purchase entire back catalogs to the tune of hundreds of books if the urge takes me (hence why I needed new shelves).

The Boy in the Hat

Sep 30, 2010
I have one bookshelf that my dad whipped up for a few years back that goes from floor to ceiling, and it's full. Double-stacked, in some places.
I think it's more than a hundred.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
At my current residence I have about 30 books, most of which are school related. The total number of books I own however easily numbers more than 100 and includes everything from a nearly complete collection of the Redwall Books (as of 12 years ago when I stopped reading them), various pieces of classic literature along with contemporary pieces of all sorts and books regarding various technical treatises.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I know I own more than a hundred books. I've never taken the time to count or alphabetize them like I did with my DVD collection. I know I have about 800 DVDs or so though.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I've got a few less than 50, even counting the ones from my curriculum. Swept away by the digital age...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Probably nearer to 1000 than 100. It was somewhere about 700 at last count (a couple of years ago). And yes, I've read nearly all of them.

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
im running about 50-60 warhammer 40k halo and graphic novels
i also just got the scott pilgrim vs. the world box set and its is amaaaaaazing :D

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I have like 20-30 books that I've read that I keep in a pile under my bedside table...

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I have an actual library in my basement...it holds all my/my mom's books and then we had more so we have a lot scattered around our rooms and then she(my mom) got a Kobo so she has a hundred some books on there that I consider mine since I can access them as well..

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
I've just gone and counted... 267 fiction texts, 38 non-fiction texts, 122 magazines (White Dwarf and Dragon), 21 comics and if you want to count them, 175 books of music.