Poll: Your presence on the Escapist.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Do you think your a big deal here or do you sit in the corner and watch?

Well, more specifically, how noticeable are you here? Do you post religiously in every forum or lurk, only post in forum games or user groups or are deep in the trenches of the latest big controversy.

I think I'm just a small regular that people could recognize my avatar but not know a lot about me, apart from the user group I frequent, the injustice league.

How about you?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I think I'm recognised by some people, mostly the people I talk to in user groups.

Some people would have known my earlier avatars, maybe, gifs always draw a bit more attention.

I've been hanging around for a long time but I was mostly a lurker for the first two years and the vast majority of my post count was built up over the past year or so. I mostly post in OT, Lady Bits and The Brovengers.

I've spent a fair bit of my free time just habitually checking OT. XD

[sub][sub]I also might be recognised by some of the people involved in GG for all of the wrong reasons. :3[/sub][/sub]

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain my presence is the only reason the Escapist exists in the first place.

I kid of course, the real reason it exists is for people to ***** endlessly about discuss sexism in gaming. Also Disney Princess as X.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I know a handful of generally cool and friendly people recognise me.

I suppose a few people probably recognise me in the "Ugh, there's that mouthy prick again" kind of way.

Other than that, nah, I'm not well known. Just one of the howling mob.

I tend to do my howling in OT and Gaming. I'm in a few usergroups but I mostly just lurk in them rather than post (I'm hopeless at conversation without a specific topic).

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I'm probably somewhere between 'I think some people recognise me.' and 'Not many people here know me.'

I try to avoid having too much of a presence on this website, but I do know of a few people who probably recognise me at this point.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I think some people recognise me and we have a good talk now and then. But mostly I'm not massively known.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I don't imagine that I'm well known. I frequent the three probably most clicked on sections of the forums, but with my constant changing avatar and my posts mostly going into the ones where not much of a discussion can go on (like this one, oddly enough), I can't imagine people will instantly recognise or remember me (oo, subtle hint at my favourite game of last year).

I'm sure I <3 you all.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
After lurking for several years and debating when best to launch my assault, I rode the first line of tanks through the Forum Games a year ago like a tornado through a county fair. I frequent multiple user groups and try to talk to as many people as I can.

At the time of writing this post, I recognize six (EDIT: Seven!)of the eight nine people here by their name and picture and the other two by their name alone. I kinda like it here, it's nice. The summers are clement.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I am the dark lurker in the shadows of the forum, I am the night, I am the Frankster.

*vanishes in a puff of smoke*

True answer: Am an obscure unknown at best, might get recognized for being too lazy to change avatar and being socially clumsy at times and that's about it.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not as well known as other seem to believe, seeing as I spent most of my time here hiding in FGs then groups.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Perhaps 5 or 6 people recognize me but thats it. I don't do user groups and and I have 20 years on the average user so my views are not the liberal consensus, so most that recognize me don't do so in a positive way.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
I've only been posting here for 7 months, so I don't think anyone outside of forum games recognizes me.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I've seen my name come up a few times outside of people who are in usergroups I frequent, other than that it's impossible to tell without kidnapping random members and probing their brains to see if I'm in there. I tend to come and go in posting, at the moment I'm more of a lurker with other things distracting me at present.

I'm good at the reciprocal however, I recognise to some degree everyone who has posted in this thread so far.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I'm the amazing invisible J-pop artist, the only things people remember about me are my avatar and the fact that they don't like my posts.

And even then they don't actually remember until they see me post again.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Well, no one bothers to invite me to a bar (or any other similar thread), so I think it is safe to say I'm hardly one of the people others associate with this site. Which I'm sure will displease my master. But I have a few more years to win over the souls of everyone here.

I've also never seen my name pop up in a thread I didn't already post in, but I do know that at least a few people on here recognize me. So I'd say that I'm at least recognizable by some but not to the same level as more major users. Besides, I think most of the people who would recognize me are the ones who get involved in the major gender-issue debates, which I frankly don't spend much time in anymore due to lack of time.

I guess I should also point out that I recognize a vast majority of the people that have posted in this thread.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
I'm the amazing invisible J-pop artist, the only things people remember about me are my avatar and the fact that they don't like my posts.

And even then they don't actually remember until they see me post again.
oh some of us remember, we will never forget! never you hear me! *shakes fist*

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
People have on occasion mentioned me by (silly) user name, and even refered to me regarding a topic I feel strongly about (Berserk, NGE). So in that respect I'm somewhat recognized, I guess. If I actually made real attempts at "approaching" and coming into contact with others here, like in user group, I'm sure I'd be far more recognized than I am now.

The thing is though that if you'd ask me to mention any Ecapist users, I'd probably wouldn't get past 10, yet nearly everyone posting in this very thread I recognize instantly the moment I see their avatar/user name.