Poll: Your reall passion is.....

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Ballroom dancing has become quite the passion of mine. I don't get paid for it, but I'm still doing it till the early hours :)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
My passion is game design. I decided a few years ago that it's now or never and started taking classes again. I had to stop for a bit due to unforescene circumstances but I should be able to keep going now. The gaming community has given me so much and I'd very much like to give something back to it.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
well i dont know what my passion is.. Like: i dont have any hobby that fill me with a feeling of satisfaction.

But my dream!
My dream is to:
1. Study philosophy and psychology.
2. Find a woman that i love, and who loves me.
3. Travel the world, in a pace that allows me to enjoy it all.

and i think im slowly working towards all these goals :)

*maybe reverse goal 2 and 3.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
My passion is becoming a psychologist. I've benched that for this year, then I'm going to uni next year to do it. I'm already accepted and enrolled, I just deferred the course for a year so I could make money and whatnot.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Got the message that I got in art school a few weeks ago. I'M FUCKING PURSUING, HURRAY!

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
I like building and creating things, so hopefully I'll be able to do something like that.

Out of the left field though, I'd have loved to be an orchestral composer, for movie scores and whatnot. Alas, that dream was stopped when I realised I couldn't play an instrument to save my life...

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Music of the heavier variety. I'm hoping to get a band together and start touring around South Africa once I'm done with school. It won't get me super famous, but that's not the important thing.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Just like you OP, programmer, artist and developer. I put it off for a little bit because I'm trying to write songs but I haven't strayed too far.

Primitive George

Apr 10, 2010
I'm passionate about both games and movies, and I wish to get into script writing/storyboard writing blabbity blah blah. Eventually I'd like to get into directing... but hey I'm still in high school and I have my whole life ahead of me so somethings might change.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I don't really have a passion in anything at the moment.

I just not intrested in anything. I play games and go to college, no actual aspirations. That's it.

Dusk_Chaos

Jan 11, 2010
My passions are anime, video games, and I am passionately in love with someone. I am not sure if she likes me back or would even consider dating me though. At least she is a really close friend. Life kinda hates me.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Serris said:
twaddle said:
*by the way video games is mine and i'm going to be a prgmr/artist/developer
programmers, artists and developers are very different professions, you might want to choose one, because you'll get very frustrated otherwise. if you go for programmer, you'll be frustrated because you can't draw right (been there), if you go for artist, you might be frustrated because programming is so hard (which it's not, once you get the grasp of it).
and developers... well, they earn the least in games industry according to that maxim infographic from a while ago, so unless it's really your passion to be a developer, I would pick something with more income ^^

my 2 cents

OT: my passion are girls, and I have a great girl, so i don't have to pursue my passion anymore. she's mine ^^
i'm already a good artist, just gotta perfect my skills, my major is comp. sci.,(programming is annoying but I'll get it soon enough) and as for developer, i've been writing and designing and modifying ideas for games since i was in middle school, but i'm mainly trying to be an artist that can code well. Eventually i will work for a company like EA or Square USA for a few years, build a following and friends at the company, then one day i plan to leave the company with my associates to start our own company. First we will start by making simple games like farmville to get the initial funds, use advrtisments in games like coke machines or dorritos as things u can buy, then we will start on our first major title, while still doing the flash games eventually if the game takes off and we get a better following we can focus more on large titles than small ones.