Poll: Your Warhammer 40K race?

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
All I can say is TYRANIDS OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I'm about to start collecting them in the actual boardgame. I so want to get a Trygon or Mawlock for my army; pity they aren't in Dawn of War 2, because the Tyranids could use another heavy hitter IMO;the. Carnifex. is. just. too. slow...

khiliani said:
tyranids definitly. though the way they are done in retribution, and dow 2 in general sucks.
nids are a hoard army, and dow 2 is about small squad based stuff, and the nids would have fitted in so much better in dow 1.
Yeah, they are far too large an army for DoW2 to do justice.

P.S. I would have shown a picture, but no idea how to do it, could someone post a pic please?

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
GamesB2 said:
Well it's fairly obvious from my avatar ;)

Eldar for me, all the time.

I love everything about them from how they play to their lore.

Behold the fiery destroyer of worlds!
YAY! i mean seriosly who would make fun of their pointy helmets?! who?! christmas hats fit perfectly on them...(not that ive actually put christmas hats on eldar...no...not at all...)
also MAUGAN RA!!!!!!!!

*sigh* even on this website space marines are still the most popular ;(
they're still awesome but theres just too many of them!

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011

Seriously though, I'm about to start collecting them in the actual boardgame. I so want to get a Trygon or Mawlock for my army; pity they aren't in Dawn of War 2, because the Tyranids could use another heavy hitter IMO;the. Carnifex. is. just. too. slow...

P.S. I would have shown a picture, but no idea how to do it, could someone post a pic please?

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
My favorit race would have to be iether the Tau or the Necrons. I enjoyed the Necrons mroe in the first Dawn of War game but the Tau idea/ideals just seem so awesome.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I've only played DOW1 and a few expansions so I can't speak on the Tyranids, Tau, or Necrons (Even though they all look awesome) but so far I've done best as either the Space Marines, or the Imperial Guard. I might come back and change this if I find an army I'm better with, but right now they hold the top spots.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Tyranids for myself. why? their dinosaurs crossed with alien, they reproduce faster than anythng can have any hope of killing them, to the extent of them eating fucking planets, (trillions of googleplex of tyranids)they have psycics and acid lazers and horrible barbed acid traps and, what is more;

They are going to win. orks would win if they worked together, and they wont. the forces of man are hopelessly outnumbered, the tau are young and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, and the eldar are a husk of what they used to be. tyranids are on the up, and nothing, BUT nothing, is going to fucking stop them.

Not even Charlie Sheen.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I used to be a Tau player, but I sold them all after I got banned from my local Geek Workshop

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
I haven't played DoW2, I prefer some epic scale in my RTS.
Love the Imperial Guard and Tau- the idea of actually shooting the enemy instead of driving closer to hit the enemy with your sword strikes me as weird.

I played DoW religiously until I got my new computer and lost the CD keys, but Tau and Imperial Guard Mobile defense almost always came through for me.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
DoW: Eldar. Seriously, if you have a marauding band of tanks, Warp Spyders and Firedragons you own anything.

Tabletop: Chaos. Blood for the Blood God! Although, I'm more of a Chaos Undivided man, not a Khorne follower exclusively.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Don said:

khiliani said:
tyranids definitly. though the way they are done in retribution, and dow 2 in general sucks.
nids are a hoard army, and dow 2 is about small squad based stuff, and the nids would have fitted in so much better in dow 1.
Yeah, they are far too large an army for DoW2 to do justice.

Just type [ img ]insert image url here[ /img ] and you're good to go. (Without the spaces, of course)

PS: 'Nids traumatised me as a former Tau player and made me find my way to the Warp. I'll never forget that horrible game. My poor Stealth Suits!

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Imperial Guard.

"HIS SOLDIERS WILL STRIKE YOU DOWN"

"HIS VEHICLES WILL CRUSH YOU UNDER THEIR TREADS"

"HIS GUNS WILL BRING THE VERY SKY CRASHING DOWN UPON YOU"

"You cannot win"

It's always victory day when the Imperial Guard are rolled out. Superior firepower!

Jun 11, 2008
I am an Eldar/Marine man. Chaos/Dark or normal doesn't bother me. Also nids are fine in DoW2. They work perfectly fine as a horde rush army maybe you just aren't using them right. They can usually dominate fairly well in T1 unless V CSM[footnote]Chaos Space Marine[/footnote] with Tics[footnote]Heretics[/footnote] and their Doomblast plus that Nurgle Global. T2 you don't have to be a swarm army as their Venom Warriors really compliment normal Wars with Genestealers. Although Genestealers are quite Glass Hammer units.

In fact because nids are such a rush/horde army they are kinda regarded as the thick man's/noob army by some. Although they do require a fair bit of work to properly use gaunts. I will say that DoW2 with the style it has does not due the scale of the army justice but I do think it does their style justice. To be honest taking away all the armies we already had was a kick in the groin.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
In the DOW games, probably Tau. If not, chaos. Haven't played nids in DOW.

In the actual tabletop games Tyranids or the new Dark Eldar because those are the most fun to paint. I quite enjoy tau too, 'cos painting mecha is fun. Not so many good conversion oppurtunities though.
As for orks, they are awesome all round xD

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I consider the Tau to be the closest thing to "not evil" in the 40K universe... I mean aside from the Eldar, who just strike me as the aloof, decadent types with little stake in the galaxy.

...but I play Orks. They have the most personality, and I enjoy defeating high tech with numbers and low tech.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Kellerb said:
Tyranids are on the up, and nothing, BUT nothing, is going to fucking stop them.

Not even Charlie Sheen.
What if chalie sheen got turned into a Daemon Prince? I'm thinking a demonic charlie might just win.

Or Necrons. Seeing as they can't die and even nids are afraid of them (in one of the old codexes it said that the nids would avoid death worlds where the necrons are implied to be hiding.)

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Dark Eldar, for over 10 years. Thanks for following suit by not including it in the poll :p

Ohhh I feel the rejection now, but you will suffer for your ignorance!

mrscott137

Apr 8, 2010
The tau are my favorite for the ranged and greater good philosophy, but I also play Chaos Space marines for the Thousand sons (who I love lore wise) and Chaos Daemons for the whole Daemonic Hell everything changes because of Master Tzeentch Factor. Its cool :D