Poll:

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
they are all good genr......i dare not say that sentence with the current state the escapist is in!

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I just realised that you made a Quadruple post. Is that a new record? Can someone check?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
Wait, what?

They still make TBS?
Yup! The best TBS out right now is Galactic Civilizations. And Stardock keeps pumping out quality expansions too.
GalCiv is not new. Besides, it's basically more of MOO2 (which is a wonderful thing, but not new.)

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
How about you tell us what kind of games you like, what you're looking for in a game, and your system specs?

wrussell1982

Mar 23, 2009
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
Wait, what?

They still make TBS?
Yup! The best TBS out right now is Galactic Civilizations. And Stardock keeps pumping out quality expansions too.
GalCiv is not new. Besides, it's basically more of MOO2 (which is a wonderful thing, but not new.)
Didn't say it was new, just said it was the best. :)

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
Wait, what?

They still make TBS?
Oh, okay. I interpreted that wrong since I asked "they still make them?" and I meant like 2009 for PC.

I heard fire emblem is good for TBT-RPG...

That said, I highly recommend new RTS games since they're actually good.

wrussell1982

Mar 23, 2009
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
Wait, what?

They still make TBS?
Oh, okay. I interpreted that wrong since I asked "they still make them?" and I meant like 2009 for PC.

What RTS do you recommend? I'm not too up to date on the new ones.

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
The infamous SCAMola said:
I would put a title if I were you.
Not putting a title was a great idea. It was different. People saw this and wondered what the hell is that? So they clicked on it and that's what brought them here. It draws people in.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
wrussell1982 said:
DoW II was refreshingly different.
RA 3 was alright, but mediocre (it was basically exactly what I expected...:/)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is probably the best skirmish-mode RTS I've ever played.

And I heard very good things about Sins of a Solar Empire. :x

wrussell1982

Mar 23, 2009
Godofgame67 said:
Not putting a title was a great idea. It was different. People saw this and wondered what the hell is that? So they clicked on it and that's what brought them here. It draws people in.
Thanks! Hooray for accidents! ;-)

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
wrussell1982 said:
Godofgame67 said:
Accidents? How can that be an accident?
You type in the title, press Tab and type in the text.
I understand that people will press Enter (for some stupid reason, Tab is the one you use to go to the next "box") and then their post will be blank, but the title too? Wow.

Anyway, you obviously didn't put much thought into this thread.
We don't know your specs, you preferences, and even if we did, there are probably so many games that people will recommend you.

wrussell1982

Mar 23, 2009
Fraught said:
wrussell1982 said:
Godofgame67 said:
Accidents? How can that be an accident?
You type in the title, press Tab and type in the text.
I understand that people will press Enter (for some stupid reason, Tab is the one you use to go to the next "box") and then their post will be blank, but the title too? Wow.

Anyway, you obviously didn't put much thought into this thread.
We don't know your specs, you preferences, and even if we did, there are probably so many games that people will recommend you.
... Someone sounds like they need a hug, or a drink, or both. This is both my first thread, and first poll. Maybe I rushed through the creation and didn't fill out all I needed to. But there is no need to jump on me like a kicked a kitten. As for preferences, I am a equal opportunity gamer. If you want some system specs, here ya go:

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 1.33ghz
8gb DDR2 RAM
750gb SATA2 HDD
nVidia GTX Series @ 1gb dedicated RAM

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
wrussell1982 said:
Valiance said:
Wait, what?

They still make TBS?

I would have to recommend Dawn of War 2. It's not so much collecting resources as it is about spilling as much blood as possible, which I like.