Popular shows you've never seen.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Title is self-explanatory. What are some popular/critically-acclaimed shows you've never seen?

I've never seen a single episode of Friends or X-Files.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Game of Thrones, Lost, Oz, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, Doctor Who, Mandalorian, any Star Trek and basically any hospital show ever except Scrubs (ER, Grey's Anatomy, Good Doctor, Nurse Jackie).

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Tons of stuff, really

Seinfeld
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Doctor Who
The Big Bang Theory
House
Law & Order
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Downton Abbey
How I Met Your Mother

Plus whatever I can't remember right now. Also haven't seen Ted Lasso, tho I'm planning on getting to it sometime.

Reactions: BrawlMan

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I know The Wire is supposed to be a big one, but I've never watched it, nor have I heard anyone talk about it, outside of the internet.

I don't even know what it is about.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Most of them, actually, but the two that get the biggest reactions when I say I've not seen them are Friends and Seinfeld.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Usually avoid popular stuff ever since childhood when everyone seemed to love Friends and Buffy, but I just hated them, and didn't trust anyone that liked them neither. The lowest common denominator has consistently proven awful. But times are different now, things can be popular while still being unheard of in other social groups thanks to the tinterwebs. Also that tendency from childhood meant I missed out on good stuff like Muse when they were in their prime just cause their most popular tracks were not their best, so am less avoidant, but not always. So here goes...

Game of Thrones. Literally no interest now too thanks to the entertaining drama around the last season, hah!
The Wire. ...one day maybe, nothing against this one, just find it hard to commit without a partner in watch.
Dexter. Same as GoT, but also prefer Hannibal as it feels classier and more thought provoking.
Nearly all comedies. Am just naturally miserable as default state.
Ted Lasso. Kinda related issue to above.
Ozark. Also one day maybe.

There's definitely loads more but am already starting to hate myself for this post.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Breaking bad(sans the pilot episode. I was wierded out to realize the younger dude on Breaking Bad is the guy who does Todd in Bojack Horseman).
Dexter(sans the pilot episode)
Big Bang Theory(Well, not technically true because my Mother in Law's BF loves it and every time we stay there I'm inevitably in the room while he's watching it but I've never been able to even feign interest).
House
Law & Order
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Downton Abbey
How I Met Your Mother(sorry, I've seen like 3 episodes of it)
Sopranos.
Friends.
Walking Dead(I thought I'd be interested but then Zombies were EVERYWHERE and I burned out so I never bothered).
Vikings.

I mean, there's like a bunch of shows I watched like one episode and saw no appeal so I guess that's pretty much the same as not watching it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Game of Thrones, Lost, Oz, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, Doctor Who, Mandalorian, any Star Trek and basically any hospital show ever except Scrubs (ER, Grey's Anatomy, Good Doctor, Nurse Jackie).
Most of that, but I did watch a few episodes of Scrubs and the first season of Boardwalk Empir
Tons of stuff, really

Seinfeld
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Dexter
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Doctor Who
The Big Bang Theory
House
Law & Order
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Downton Abbey
How I Met Your Mother

Plus whatever I can't remember right now. Also haven't seen Ted Lasso, tho I'm planning on getting to it sometime.
Nearly all of those, but I have watched a lot of Law and Order, and four seasons of House.

• Seinfeld
  • Friends - Sucks and is boring. I watched a few episodes and did not like it.
  • Full House - Even more boring.
  • Pete and Pete - I could never get into that show.
  • The Wonder Years (Original)
  • Lost - Glad I did not get involved.
  • Heroes
  • The 100
  • Totally Spies
  • The Walking Dead - I stopped after midway in to Season 2.
  • Game of Thrones
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Wire - Outside of a few clips here and there.
  • Chicago Fire
  • 9-1-1
  • Stranger Things
  • Dexter
  • Amazing World of Gumball - Stopped watching after Season 2.
  • The Office (both versions) - I tried watching a few episodes of the American version, and I was bored to death,
  • Any Tyler Perry TV shows.
  • Xiaolin Showdown
  • Regular Show
  • Owl House
  • Steven Universe