Popular things you absolutely hate....

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Big lips on women. I find them repulsive and can't even fathom why gigantic monkey-lips are considered to be extremely attractive.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
A lot of popular music. I don't hate it with a burning passion, but I do dislike it a lot.

It's always funny when you read all the comments about how this incredibly cliche song that sounds like a million other songs is "so inspirational". Lol if you need that song to feel inspired, then I feel for you.

In any case, I also really dislike bands and singers that are only popular because they are physically attractive to 12-16 year old girls.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Black Arrow Officer said:
Big lips on women. I find them repulsive and can't even fathom why gigantic monkey-lips are considered to be extremely attractive.
I don't find them repulsive, but I'm with you, I don't find them attractive. I'm always confused why the stereotypical "hot woman" is like that.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
nicole1207 said:
I hate Marmite.
Why is this worth a mention? :p

OT: Well, if I have to be a spiteful bastard, I'd say most of the generic synthpop that gets played on the radio these days. There's still plenty of good music out there (see: Muse) but it irritates me because of how similar it all sounds. I suppose Lady Gaga's quite talented, but seriously, screw Beyoncé. Oh, and while we're on the subject of music, Thom Yorke can't sing very well.

Er... I don't particularly like CoD, I guess, but I don't hate it. It's just not for me.

Nope, out of ideas.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Music.

I hate pretty much all popular music.

And before you say anything, I hate that horseshit that hipsters listen to even worse.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
everythingbeeps said:
Music.

And before you say anything, I hate that horseshit that hipsters listen to even worse.
What exactly do hipsters listen to?

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
Qulan Gal said:
COD, X-factor and pretty much any reality shows.
Seconded, on the reality show part.

I hate pretty much all reality TV. It annoys me to pay for a TV-license when that crap is pushed through my set. I had a temp job at this office in London and all they pretty much talked about was Big Brother. After my few month temp period I was asked if I wanted a permanent job, I said no...

EDIT: typo...

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
nicole1207 said:
I hate Marmite.
I just had to get it out, we have a... difficult relationship. It's popular though so I thought it counted!

OT: Thought of another one. TV soaps ala Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Corrie etc.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
My...Little...Pony.
I don't judge people based on what they like...but I just don't understand it at all.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Justin Bieber, obviously.

I don't like Neon Genesis Evangelion... There's not really much else that I openly hate.

...Things that are not animation, comics/manga, video games, or Vocaloid.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
everythingbeeps said:
Music.

Forgive my total ignorance, but what are hipsters? I just know 'hipster jeans' as in the ones that hang on the hips.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
nicole1207 said:
OhJohnNo said:
nicole1207 said:
I hate Marmite.
I just had to get it out, we have a... difficult relationship. It's popular though so I thought it counted!
Well it's sort of popular... but nobody's going to be even a tiny bit surprised if you say you hate it. After all, I assume you know its reputation... :p

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Two and a Half men.

It's just so incredibly stupid. And bloody lame.
Why do people even watch that garbage?

God, I hate it so much.

LilValky

Aug 28, 2011
nicole1207 said:
OhJohnNo said:
nicole1207 said:
I hate Marmite.

OT: Thought of another one. TV soaps ala Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Corrie etc.
I hate TV soaps on the fact that they spend their time trying to show reality... if my life was a horror story like any of theirs i think i would have killed myself by now!

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
nicole1207 said:
OhJohnNo said:
everythingbeeps said:
Music.

Forgive my total ignorance, but what are hipsters? I just know 'hipster jeans' as in the ones that hang on the hips.
The basic internet definition we use is "hates popular stuff".