Portal 2 "Insane Cube Tricks" Part Two Gets Even Zanier

schrobotindisguise

May 12, 2011
SnipErlite said:
If this is really you, then......respect. I fucking love Portal but I can't imagine I'd ever get that good at cube tricks. Hell, I can't even trick any cubes
It's not that hard when you get into it. The 360 on the arial faith plate in the first part, i did that on the spur of the moment and landed it first time. That's when i got addicted lol. But yeah, lets just say, some of the other tricks weren't landed first time ;)

The things we do while we wait for DLC (and when we are autistic)!

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Holy crap! That last one probably took him about 10,000 times.

I had never heard a couple of those phrases from Glados. I guess I tried not to trap myself too often.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That last one was epic!! And the bloopers were really nice as well. Looking forward to the last one!

schrobotindisguise said:
Thanks Tom for a great article! I'm glad you singled out the gel covered box trick, that was quite difficult, so i'm glad you noticed it.

This comment made me lol. One of my friends has started calling me rain man :)

Sieggy said:
oh lawdy. Just how creative and autistic can we get.
Is there any way to prove you're the guy in the video? Cuz if you are, that's impressive!

CptRumGuy

Jul 31, 2008
4:25...best throw ever. Even if I learned how to throw these things, I don't believe I'd ever make that long shot.

schrobotindisguise

May 12, 2011
GeorgW said:
That last one was epic!! And the bloopers were really nice as well. Looking forward to the last one!

schrobotindisguise said:
Thanks Tom for a great article! I'm glad you singled out the gel covered box trick, that was quite difficult, so i'm glad you noticed it.

Sieggy said:
Is there any way to prove you're the guy in the video? Cuz if you are, that's impressive!
Heehee, thanks. Post a link to one of your videos and i'll comment on it ;) lol

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I'm not as impressed considering he probably doing 20-30 takes before he get ones that goes into the video.

satoru

Sep 12, 2008
It'll be interesting to see if this mechanic can be used in the DLC content. I'm hoping they put in the old 'least steps' 'least portals' 'least time' runs. It'll be interesting to see how this mechanic impacts those game types.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
schrobotindisguise said:
GeorgW said:

schrobotindisguise said:

Sieggy said:
Heehee, thanks. Post a link to one of your videos and i'll comment on it ;) lol
Well, I don't even have a youtube account, but I believe you. And a tip for you, here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/edit] you can add your youtube info and such.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I really liked all the stuff with the killer droids, and the last throw was made of pure win.

ATmatey36

Apr 12, 2011
Sronpop said:
ATmatey36 said:
I like how these aren't really game breakers, since they're so hard to do, on a console it's probably borderline impossible.
Watch part 1, he says its on a 360 with max sensitivity, sounds crazy but I cant argue with results
Oh wow, guess proved me wrong then. All the more impressive I guess

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
That player seems to have a working knowledge of the consepts of momentum and inertia. Bravo!!!

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
This is creative longevity.

Who needs challenge maps? I guarantee I couldn't do these moves.

The Hungry Samurai said:
When the level editor tools for this start taking off this dude will blow our minds.
Man, I'm looking forward to that. People with a lot more time than me will make some great maps. My days for Level editors was done with Timesplitters.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Hard as I look, I am not even seeing exploits at work here. This is all pro. And that is awesome.
Frylock72 said:
This guy is such a boss, eh throws cubes and doesn't afraid of cubes. I love the jazz song, too. I wonder if the makers of Portal and Portal 2 can do things like this.
Apparently they were anticipated as there is actual reaction from GlaDOS to where someone might break a puzzle. In her bitingly way, even.

Frosted89

May 31, 2010
Wow that guy is good, really good. Now I'm thinking about playing Portal 2 and trying out the puzzles like that, and then cry myself to sleep for not being able to pull it off. Seriously though my reaction to the last puzzle wasn't too dissimilar to this...

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I think my reaction each time he did that was "Wow. No fucken way." I am astounded. Dropping the cube then jumping off of it? You can do that?? Hell, I only just figured out reportaling. Props, man. You're my Portal breaking hero.

matthudson

Oct 24, 2010
Anyone know if the cube throwing is possible in the PC version? I've tried a few times with the sensitivity all the way up, but that doesn't seem to work.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
...That light bridge one took me like 12 tries because I kept trying to raise the light bridge by incriments by shooting a portal about an inch over the old one...:'(