Portal 2

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
One of the many unintentionally funny things about the game, when you think about all the people who make the cake jokes, if you asked them if there actually was cake in the game or not, I'd wager more than half would say that there was not. Or scream incoherently about how it is a lie.

Also, everyone knows that the funniest joke in the whole game was the base number system...bzzt, I'M FINE!

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Youtube comments are, um special. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edit for horrid spelling.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Someone on the Portal 2 team has already confirmed that there won't be any god damn cake jokes, which ruined Portal for me before I ever played it.

That's right, internet. I can never love what you love because you're so stupid.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Sad thing for these people the game designers are so sick of that meme that they said there won't be any "cake is a lie" references in this one.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
YouTubers can be quite primitive at times, yes. The rednecks of the internet if you will.

Also, may I take this opportunity to say something? I was very very annoyed, that back in 2008, if you said you had enough of the cake joke, you were immediately labeled as a social outcast and a freak (a bigger one). And know this Portal 2 writer bloke comes along and says "Oh, enough with the cake jokes" and everyone agrees with him?! Have we come out of hiding? Why is his word bigger than mine? After all, he is a writer.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Well let's consider something here.

Majority of humans = idiots. Thus,
Majority of gamers = idiots. Thus,
Majority of Portal fans = idiots.

And thus, it makes sense that most people are looking forward to Portal 2 for stupid reasons (or more appropriately, incomplete reasons). But those who actually matter in this case, those who appreciate Portal for all it is, are anticipating the sequel for all the right reasons.

phoenix_tetsu

Sep 7, 2009
Thaius said:
Well let's consider something here.

Majority of humans = idiots. Thus,
Majority of gamers = idiots. Thus,
Majority of Portal fans = idiots.

And thus, it makes sense that most people are looking forward to Portal 2 for stupid reasons (or more appropriately, incomplete reasons). But those who actually matter in this case, those who appreciate Portal for all it is, are anticipating the sequel for all the right reasons.
The eternal Farmer rule!

OT: I'm really looking forward to Portal 2, the first one was the first Valve game I have actually liked

AceOfNoSpecificSuit

Aug 10, 2010
You're judging the whole of the internet by YOUTUBE COMMENTS? What the fu...

On second thought, that's actually probably a pretty accurate way to judge the massive amounts of pure stupid on the internet. Carry on.

Anti-gravity

Feb 24, 2010
yeah I really only got a Youtube account to favourite videos and such, and occasionally to troll at another troll. so I wouldn't take any serious information from them.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
First of all, the cake in general was not a lie. It was clearly in existence, you just weren't going to get it, because dead test subjects don't get cake.

Aside from that, if Portal 2 had no jokes in it, Portal as a series would be very inconsistent and could easily make the game (when compared to the original) less enjoyable. I have no problem with a humorless game, as long as the game is fun to play. But it would certainly be an intriguing change if the game became 100% serious.