Portal 'Still Alive' - 800% slower

Howlingwolf214

Dec 28, 2008
So apparently there was a thing about a Justin Bieber song being 800% slower.

Well someone decided to take a song that was good in the first place and make it slower. And in doing so they have succeeded in making it beautiful.

Llllliiiiinnnnnkkkkkkk. [http://soundcloud.com/xihilisk/still-alive-from-portal-slowed-down-800]

It's creepy, really, how a comedy song can be made into something this great. I seriously can't stop listening.

I've actually uploaded a copy of the song for download (as the site doesn't have a download button) but for legality sake I wont be posting the link here for all to see. So, if you want it drop me a message. Then maybe my illegality will drop under the net or something. Despite me just telling everyone about it.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
FYI, the Justin bieber one slowed down was reverbed to shit. So it wasn't exactly just 800% slower.

Listening to it now. It's fine so far.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Wow that's a trip to listen to. About 5 minutes in, it's like waves crashing against the side of a beach as a mysterious voice echoes in my head.

._.

May 5, 2010
Sounds like background music for a documentary about whales or something. Come on people, the only reason this "800% Slower" nonsense gets any attention is because of the originals. If you just heard it alone, with no context, you probably wouldn't even-

Damnit, I was listening to it while typing this post, and I can't even finish it. I have to admit, it sounds pretty damn cool.

Cynical skeptic

Apr 19, 2010
Said it in the 800% slower beiber thread, this is just a testament to how easy it is to make passable ambient music.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Crazy man, crazy. Is this 800% slower business going to become a major trend? So far I'm liking all the songs I hear really, really slow.

RadioActiveChimp

Mar 3, 2009
Judas Iscariot said:
Yes yes. Most things slowed down by 800% will sound like this. In another 3 weeks we will be getting a haunting rendition of a guy farting on a dogs head slowed down 800%. Can we please let the meme die now?
I concur.