[posible spoilers] the most anticlimactic bosses youve ever fought

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
I'm almost certain that there were more anti-climactic battles, but all I can think of right now is the final punch-up in Assassin's Creed 2. I just couldn't buy Ezio NOT taking Rodrigo Borgia's life...it seemed too contrived, like Ubisoft had suddenly realized that killing him in that year would actually fuck around with history. :/
"Killing you won't bring my family back...

...Or the thousands of of other people I murdered to get to you."

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Murai,as the games first boss he kicks your ass but when you fight him again he's patically easy to keep in a constant flying shallow loop

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Nothing will ever beat Lucien. One shot, one kill, and if you take too long, General Melchett shoots him for you.
I know I'm alone in this, but I LOVED that boss battle. The entire point of the game is that you and your 4 allies have power due to fate/internal abilities where as the only reason Lucien had any power was through external means. Once you've fought through all his external defenses, he's just a man and is as weak as any normal person would be.

For me, while its not a final boss, it was Seymour in Final Fantasy X when you fight him on Mount Gagazeht. Just before his fight the game opens up a lot for you to do a large number of different side quest and leveling and because I'd done so much I ended up overlevelling the encounter by a scary amount and killed him in one shot.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
The end 'boss' of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Not only was it wretchedly easy but it made little sense either, just sorta comes out of nowhere and I'm supposed to for some reason care. Hell, all the bosses in that game were terrible. I can't think of a single one which was even remotely interesting unless trying to save Malik counts.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Nothing will ever beat Lucien. One shot, one kill, and if you take too long, General Melchett shoots him for you.
This. The first time I finished that game, I was actually letting him monologue and figured we'd fight after that. Then *boom*, dead. And not even by me. Such a complete let down of an ending.
Lol i got bored of that monologue so i just aimed and pulled the trigger(lucky me).

I think wet should deserve a spot here. i really enjoyed playing this game then you get to the big boss that is just a set of QTE's and then game over (although it hints that there might be a sequel(that will never get made anyway).

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Recently, Chaos Lord Nemeroth in Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine.

QTE final boss, what the hell?! After all this build up I don't even get to fight him?!

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
King Allant's true form in Demon's Souls is almost ridiculously anti-climactic, but there are perfectly good lore-related reasons for it, and the rest of the game is pretty much one long, drawn-out climax, so fair's fair. Not really a disappointment; it's mostly just surprising that he can get up and fight at all.

Yet another fantastically sadistic joke of the sort that From Software loves to play on its fans.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Every Uncharted final Boss. All 3 have a different way of battling them, 1 is actually servicable, all 3 are stupid and unexciting.

Oh and Resistance 3. They used an alien from earlier in the game again and again with a cinematic angle. Doesn't compare at all to the epic fight from 2.

GTA 3: The latin woman at the end was way easy to kill.

The Allspark was a stupid final boss

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
As two people have mentioned before me....borderlands, all through the game i was having so much fun and thought 'wow the end boss is going to be hard to beat' and what happens...i pump a few rounds into him and what do i get? not a vault full of riches but a couple of guns and then BAM end of game. So much dissapointment, but i can't wait for number 2!!!

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
I've always found Gnasty Gnorc of the first Spyro the Dragon game to be a major disappoint. Just chasing him around for a little bit, torch him twice and he's down. Sure, I guess it's emphasising the platforming part of the game, but I'd still like him to fight back instead of running all the time.

jjjonesy27

Jul 2, 2011
Vuljatar said:
I agree that Alduin was pretty meh, but for disappointing bossfights nothing compares to the end of Borderlands.
this^^

And in Saints Row 3 where they give you the choice to either A)
Kill Killbane
, or B)
Save Shaundi, Viola, and Mayor Reynolds.
If you choose choice A all you do is press R1 3 or 4 times and it's over. Wicked boring.

And Alduin's battle, that was just...depressing.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Yu Yevon in FF10 :/ really, just reflect + fight? *sighs* it was really pathetic, more so as i've heard OTHER means of offing him easily, like turning it undead, and letting the auto heal do the job for you

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
I will always rant about borderlands final boss fight, those ten seconds will be burned into my retinas forever, a simple jump shoot 13 times with a shotgun and boom finale. but I have spent far too long away from these forums to return again by complaning about an accepted fact.

Demons Souls, i look back upon that game thinking how easy the boss fight is for my character. He barely scaved me and i took down his health in seconds two with a few base strong attacks. BUT i never really could get mad at it, i always felt like that it was a key element in the story like how the stairs for each level were.

Actually just had a flash back to one game i kept taking the abuse from time and time again. Soul Calibur, both 3 and 4. The story mode is non existant and all you do is read a text srawl after facing off against whoever happens to have the soul edge at the time. BOOOOORING as fuck and i really hate it the more look back on it.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins. Call down a big dragon, get ready for epic battle... and it turns out it can be stunlocked to death. Basically glyph explosion > fucking everything.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Shub-Niggurath in Quake. It started off so promisingly. I had battled my way through legions of flesh tearing, blood guzzling eldrich abominations and I was now facing down the absolute ruler of the demons and monsters in a plane unknown. I know I had been alone the entire game but this time it was different; I truly was a stranger in a strange land.

I charged through its defences, swathing through demented beings and came ever nearer to this tentacled fiend, clutching my ever-smoking gun. The ol' reliable. It grew all the more desperate, and my palms became ever more drenched in sweat. Every Shambler and Vore it threw at me I uncaringly put down. I assessed the situation, what was my game plan here? Where do I start? I noticed a teleport at the end of this walk-way. I realised what was needed of me, and as I stepped through that hazy portal I thought of all the blood, sweat and tears that had brought me to this very moment. All those who had died would soon be vindicated.

And for what? A mere Telefrag? I killed the leader of all things unholy with what would be considered hilarious dumb-luck in a death match game.

Total injustice to one of video gaming's coolest looking bosses and the namesake of my favourite Great Old One.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Kingdoms of Amalur's final boss [POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!], Tiirnoch. Cmon man, that was pathetically easy, Barely even fought her myself, it was those damn Fate thingies most of the time. Was kinda meh >.>

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Artorius said:
Every boss in Alice in wonderland disappointment being in that there is no boss fight after all that build up ;/
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

That right there pissed me off so much!

I mean really, not having boss fights is one thing but building up suspense and hinting towards them is just fucking cruel.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Dark Falz (normal mode) in Phantasy Star Online.
Ok sure he was alot harder after normal mode but the other bosses before him were still challanging during normal while Dark Falz was just a push over.
Judging from his size I was expecting an epic battle only to have him kneel over and die before I get to use my Photon art (he get back up in a new smaller body after normal mode).
I use to wonder why he hasn't been doing all that well anymore, given that I'm a fan of the old saga. And then, the answer came to me: Without the Profound Darkness, he hasn't GOT IT anymore.