(Possible) Valve ARG 2013

mKeRix

May contain sarcasm
Oct 17, 2010
So, there has been some weird stuff happening in regards to Valve and their Steam games. They've been teasing us with some "bugs" in the HL2 update and a puzzle in the Surgeon Simulator TF2 mission.
I'll be trying to wrap information up in this thread as time goes along.

June 28th:

Adding to that, one of the first things you hear when starting Half-Life 1 is 'The time is'.
Then there was this video of Gaben that was posted almost exactly one year ago.
About 3 months ago this list of Gamestop Releases also showed up, announcing Half-Life 2 Episode 3 for June 30th.

This could be nothing, this could be everything. What do you think?

Sources: Reddit

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
As much as I think Steam is a neat place to keep my gaming library organized and maybe keep some contacts on, I really really wish all this "ZOMG Valve!" thing would die down...

I also think that Gabe likes to troll folks who like to read way too deep into things.

Also, that "event" that everyone will be "excited about" is pretty much most likely the summer sale.

Seriously, this looks more and more like a Nostradamus thing. All he did was say "Sometime around the time this vaguely defined thing happens, another vaguely defined thing will happen. Yup, definitely."

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh man, is it that time of the week already?

It comes around so quickly.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
I think that next Half Life game is getting revealed on Saturday. xD

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
As much as I hate these weird "HL3 Confirmed" theories, this one actually has some merit, seeing as it's based around a reoccurring theme (korean text) that keeps being tied to Valve.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
GoaThief said:
Isn't it just teasing HL2 being localised into Korean?
It's already been localized, hasn't it? They fixed some lines for random NPCs in Korean, but the translation itself existed a long time ago.

Tweet from Valve:

PSA: HL2 and EP1/EP2/Lost Coast are being converted to SteamPipe today. This isn't an ARG, just STEAMPIPE: http://t.co/qhhwDFe54I [http://t.co/qhhwDFe54I]

? Steam Support (@Steam_Support) June 26, 2013 [https://twitter.com/Steam_Support/statuses/349989979734278145]

As much as I love crazy theories, it does not really sound like Half-life 3 is to be announced. Steampipe is some new technology that makes downloading faster and helps to free space on disc (no clue how it actually works).

Hopefully the riddle is at least a tease for Summer Sale. It would be a shame if it hinted at some shitty DLC for a game I don't own.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
More than likely this will be an announcement for the Steam Summer Sale 2013.

[sub]I gave up hope on Half-Life 3 a long time ago.[/sub]

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
What time of the year is it?
What has Steam typically done around this time of year for the past several years?

Saying this is a HL3 ARG is like saying 2+2 = water because you're a thirsty man in a desert. We know you're tired of eating sand, but you're clinging at straws here.