Post SOPA rage here

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
In this post:

The internet tells off SOPA/PIPA, using GLaDOS's voice(obvious choice), before momentarily forgetting that it is not talking to a fictional character, but a piece of legislation.

It made sense to me.
[
[
[
[
[

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
the fact it,s barely covered in my country.
the only SOPA related item is the thing about Wikipedia going ofline for today that,s it nothing about what SOPA is going to mean for the internet.
and the fact ESA supports it.
Zhougdog said:
Personally, I fully support America's corporations. The SOPA is only trying to preserve what makes my country so great. Piracy is theft, plain and simple.
SOPA allows companies to take down sites without due process this gives companies full power over what site stays online and which one goes down.
this can also include sites criticizing said companies.
PS
considering the EU is thinking about a similar law I will leave for the Polar base when this pases.
if this pases it means that eventually the EU is going to "me too!" and adapt a similar law and I,m NOT going to pay tax or accept money from people who have no respect for freedom of speech.
I,m not joking.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
SOPA is so stupid!

The biggest victims in internet piracy are companies with ample amounts of money anyway... ("Oh no! 0.7% of people playing Modern Warfare 3 have pirated it! We're ruined!"(not saying piracy is okay)).

It'll ruin a good portion of the internet, and you know people are gonna be maaaad.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
Piracy is an inevitability of any online product. The idea that a government could, or indeed should, be allowed to tear the skin of off a website because a corporation, a faceless, heartless, entity wants to engorge itself on the sufferring and relatively small amount that it could have POTENTIALLY earned is sickening and insulting.

Megumi0505 said:
"If you are willing to sacrifice freedom for security then you deserve neither"
Quite true; the fact of the matter is that those supporting or uncaring of SOPA's passage are either too damn muted in their wretched complacency to speak out, or indeed even think about the repurcussions of such a bill; or are just too short-sighted and/or narrow-minded to see the bigger, broader picture of what this bill WIll do and can LEAD to in the future.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I like how there are people whining about Wikipedia being down for 'some stupid protest' and aren't educating themselves about it.

Or my friend refusing to protest sopa because "what will one vote matter"

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
If I had a rocket launcher, I'd blow SOPA away. Or the jerk who proposed the bill in the 1st place.

American voters I implore you to stop voting in crusty old fucks and have the people that know more about the modern world put in place.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Aeshi said:
I think all these 'STOP TEH SOAPA OMG" messages are more annoying than SOPA itself tbh
Either you are trolling, or you are extremely ignorant. Lets keep this simple, do you like the Escapist? I assume you do because you're here. If SOPA were to pass, the Escapist could be shut down in instant because anyone on the site mentioned something copyrighted.
This bill is something that will have a direct effect on you, whether you understand it or not.

Learn:

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
The internet is a tool that has given voice to the mute, strength to the weak, power to the powerless, allowed people of all social classes and standings to come together as one and speak with equality. There are governments out there, most notably the Chinese, that have restricted their people's access to this tool for the exact reason why it is so powerful (listed above).

Now a country that proudly proclaims itself to be 'the land of the free' is in the process of passing a bill that censors the internet equal to that of the other countries. This does not surprise me. Governments are afraid of their people and actions like that show it. The cowards on top are so bloody terrified that their people will do what they have been trying to prevent so damn long, making their own damn opinions, that they are willing to go to extremes to do so. This is a simple sign of panic.

Freedom of expression is a thing we in the western world proudly proclaim to be the pioneers of. Everyone has equal rights to offend and be offended. It's marvelous. Now a nation is threatening lasting damage to this tool of expression simply because some rich bastards aren't getting as rich as they want?! Are you serious?! Are we going to let some rich dick suit-monkeys playing monopoly take away our primary source of expression because of money?! MONEY!!

I wouldn't mind money so much if it wasn't such a driving force of stupidity and hasty decisions.
All this suffering for a quick buck. Way to go capitalism.

So please my fellow underdogs, do NOT let this happen.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I've been thinking recently... has nerd rage finally become a powerful force for good in the world? Hell yeah!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Seriously? There are people on this site who are ok with SOPA? Are you stupid? If it passes, I hope your country goes to shit and you all live out of cardboard boxes for your incredibly stupid, short sighted mistake.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
TopazFusion said:
halofreak123 said:
Nope. Just post ALL of you're rage here. Let it all out. This could end up helping our cause, infact. If the community continues to show discontent with this, we still have a chance. So please do us a favor and let it all run wild.
Trouble is, I'd get suspended or banned for saying what I really think.

So I'll just say:

Down with SOPA!!

and leave it at that.
Fair enough.

Infact, what I find weird is how MANY people have gotten suspended or banned recently. odd...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
M4t3us said:
I thought there'd be a picture liek this by now, but I couldn't find it.
I made my own:
I always used to say the original message there would have made a great name for a trans-gender clinic.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Now I don't get to say this often enough, but I agree with Hitler.
This is surprisingly well made, and the "Don't cry, Disney owns the rights to that emotion." made me crack up.