Post your pets! Dream pets included! :D

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
I know it, you know, the world knows it. However, will you boldly step up to the plate and display your glory for all the world to see?!

[sub][small]I'm not talking about your peepee or boobies...[/small][/sub]

What am I talking about? Why, your pets of course! :D

[li]Post a picture![/li]
[li]Alternatively: Post your dream fictional pet. Aaaaany pet. NO RESTRICTIONS![/li]
[li]Tell us a little something about your pet.[/li]
[li]Be nice! Or no cookies for you![/li]

Here's mine:

Funny thing, he can't meow! He opens his mouth, but no sound comes out. So the bell is practically a requirement if you wish to know where he is. This makes him perfect for the role of an assassin, considering how Assassin's Creed has a white clothing decorum...he might fit in. Maybe. Probably not.

This is your furry, or not-so-furry, companion's moment in the spotlight! :D

Bonus internet cookies will be awarded to those that post the most outrageous pet.

[HEADING=2]So let's see them![/HEADING]

This thread is sponsored by the Escapist United Nations of Pure Fun [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-United-Nations-of-Pure-Fun]​

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
My cat Garfield, yes very "original" name I know, but it fits him quite well. He's lazy & loves to annoy the dog & he does like lasagna....
For some odd reason he does like a bath, weird cat.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Here's my cute little girl Polly.
She has a few screws loose, hates change or anything out of the ordinary and will get scared and maybe bite if anyone she doesn't know tries to get close to her but overall she's a good dog if it's just me around.
Love her so much.

alliesabri

Jun 30, 2010
I am planning on getting a goofy little roly-poly dog like a French bulldog or a pug. Something fat and funny! I can't wait :)

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I don't have any pics of my cats or dogs available right now :(

I'll go with dream pet then.

Best dog ever.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Shout out to our little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel "Trixy".
Don't have a pic on me, but we had her for about a year or 2 now, lovey little thing :3

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Alright. I got a few.
Pumpkin[sub]right[/sub] and Tommyboy[sub]left[/sub]. Brother and sister.

Tom died at 17, and Pumpkin is still going at 21.

Chloe. She's 8.
Short hair.

Long hair.

One of these.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Oh boy... CAT DUMP!

That should do it.

nyankaty

Nov 4, 2013
Aye, I will always show off my cats! I'll just show the one for now though, my baby. Her name is Cyclops (real original) but I call her Pooka or Squishy.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Here are my two dogs:

Ashley:

Lola:

They're both getting up in years, but they're still great dogs. :)

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
nyankaty said:
Aye, I will always show off my cats! I'll just show the one for now though, my baby. Her name is Cyclops (real original) but I call her Pooka or Squishy.
Oh hey! Another person who has an animal with only one eye.

Glory to the single eyed master race!

nyankaty

Nov 4, 2013
Yes, everyone will bow in the end to our cyclopian masters. POWER TO THE CYCLOPS. She's currently laying on my bed behind me, giving me the eyeball.

I also have a 19 year old cat named Artie Man (though not after the Strongest Man in the World, in case you wondered), an 8 year old fatass cat named Evil One, a very prickly 6 year old named Abbie, and a 4 year old ex-feral named Maurice who is afraid of literally everything.

There's also a cat outside that someone dumped outside our house who just hangs around, Mama Cat. And as you may guess, she has babies, 6 of them: Romeo, Basil, Rosemary, Kitler, Molly, and a sad unnamed one. Also two other outside cats that won't go away named Freya and Bee. (Anyone from northeast Texas want a kitten? Very cute and friendly! I'll even drive to meet you to deliver it. I hand raised these babies and they are extremely people friendly and love attention and being held. In case you wonder, yes, I am desperate to get them to a good home.)

And add onto that a dog named Radar, yes, after Radar from MASH.

Too many animals.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
My old cat passed away recently. She was a beautiful and quite affectionate Maine Coon. To top it off, the apartment I'm currently leasing doesn't allow real pets, so I will be doing without fuzzy companionship for a good while. For someone that loves having 3 or 4 critters running around, its getting to be somewhat lonely around here.

In terms of pets I want, I've always had a soft spot for cats and medium, large and giant breed dogs (I find most of the small dogs to be irritating at best, few of those were bred with personality in mind, and it really shows) Given the opportunity in a place I can call my own, I would like to get a large breed female pup, raise her to about the age of two, and then get two kittens. Make sure to get the aforementioned ***** to help raise the felines.

In terms of more... rare pets that I believe I would enjoy having around and caring for if I had the knowledge, money, and supplies to do it right (in no particular order, and yes I know several of these would eat at least one of the others given the chance):
kinkajou
Fennec fox
red fox
red wolf
sugar glider
Ocelot
Bengal cat
Serval
squirrel monkey
river otter

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
I have two cats, Cinnamon and Grizabella. Sometimes my sister calls them my sun and moon cats; you'll see why!

Cinnamon was so named because when we were brainstorming names, I asked him if his name was Cinnamon, and he meowed in reply. So, the name stuck, despite multiple attempts by my family to change my mind! I decided later on his middle name was Sugar, because of his pretty white patches. :) We often call him "pumpkinbutt" or "tubby tabby," since he loves food and is a bit fat. He's very sweet and friendly.

Grizabella is much older than Cinnamon is, and I picked her up when a friend of a friend got evicted and asked to leave her three cats with us for a day while she moved. When she came for her cats, she took the two other cats, but left elderly, grumpy Grizabella without asking or even telling us she was doing so. Grizzie initially disliked everyone but me, and her coat was in horrible shape; it was falling out in patches, and she hadn't been able to keep up with her grooming to such an extant that we thought she was a fat cat - right up until we brushed her and a whole ton of fur came off! It turned out she just needed some TLC and proper care to turn into a sweet (if bossy) cat with a nice, pretty, intact coat!

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
This is Ernie, in his battle harness, after a hard day's barking at builders and postmen.

Ernie is a giant Jack Russell terrier, he is about three times the size of the regular tiny version. We bought him from the nearby farm when he was the last tiny little puppy, cowering in the corner of the pig shed covered in shit. He could fit in the palm of one hand, and made no sound at all. He is now 10 years old, and barks at ladders, cats, postmen, skateboards and rowdy youths. He also has epilepsy, so we have to avoid too much excitement, so no holidays or days out to new and exciting places, just plenty of ball time, chewy sticks and pills.
Here he is a few years earlier and a little less grey around the edges, showing off his winning smile.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Yay a thread to spread more joy and fun and love!

This is Regan, Belgium Shephard. Been my best friend for 12 years now. I love him to bits. He's an incredibly food orientated friendly dog who loves to walk up to people when he can and ask for treats.

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/09032011736.jpg.html]

This is Rosie, my big huggable Rottweiler, she's only 2. She's very scared of people and other dogs. I think it stems from my old house, where all the people in the area would avoid her just for being a rottweiler. She's never hurt anyone, she only ever wants to play and have hugs, but everyone in the area kept saying horrible things about her, kept saying "she should be on a lead" even though she was only walking near me, not causing anyone any harm. It was really awful the crap me and my family got just for having her, just because they believe everything they heard about rottweilers without even researching them. I really saw the awful side to human beings that year. Rosie is such a softie. Such a kind hearted and emotional little thing. She loves to hug the cats and lick them and mother them. She loves to have hugs no matter what the time of day and no matter when. She loves to greet people when they come in by picking up a shoe to show to them and doing a big "rottie talk growl"

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2013-09-03132546_zps224511fd.jpg.html]

Now for my kitties! This is Tribble. We rescued him, it took us a very long year, but in the end he finally trusted me and my dad enough to let us take care of him. He was beaten and abused at his previous home, it's easy to tell if you see how he acts and how he runs when you raise your hand up. He was in a really really awful way when we he came to us. Now he is the most loving cat I've ever known. He loves attention and if he could he would have it all day everyday. He loves the youngest cat, Smudge, and pretty much took on the roll of her dad when we got her, which suprised everyone.

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/IMG00155-20120508-1317_zps837fa934.jpg.html]

This is Stretchy. He's about 12 years old now too. He's a big cat, he's very loving and gentle. He used to be a bully. He used to be the road's scumbag cat. He would go into other cat's houses, sit on the inside of their catflap and refuse to let the cat in. Then when they gave up trying to get in Stretchy would go and eat their food and then leave. But now he just seems to be a big softie.

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2012-11-04141041.jpg.html]

This is Smudge. This little kitten pretty much saved me. When we got her I was very low with very little hope in my life. Then while on my way home from uni my mum called to say she had a special present for me waiting at home. When I got in, there was little tiny Smudge. She was a very small kitten, you could hold her in one hand and her tail was a bit like a rat's. She's a sweet little thing. But she does have her hyper moments, she is only 1 year old, and causes mayhem for all when she does. It's fun to see.

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2012-08-05173202.jpg.html]
[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/IMG00123-20120424-1226_zps2eec5779.jpg.html]
[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2013-02-28124913_zps29b5f76c.jpg.html]
[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2012-10-07193753.jpg.html]

I have moved out and I miss those pets very much. They really do mean a lot to me. However me and my boyfriend got a pet together, we got a hamster, he's name is Kupo. I've never had a hamster before in my life, since I had cats and dogs it wouldn't be fair, and I love this little guy. He never bites anyone, he only puts his mouth on them to taste them so he knows they are safe. He is a little scumbag, he puts his food in his wheel and runs on it, making such a loud noise. He knows full well what he is doing!

[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2013-09-16015642_zps3b585977.jpg.html]
[http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Padwolf/media/2013-09-16023918_zpsd5cf3e22.jpg.html]

And my dream pet is a wolf. I love wolves so much. I would love to have one as a pet but they are meant to be wild animals. They are my favourite animal.

sextus the crazy said:
Your cats look very photogenic. That picture of Elsa and Marlowe hugging made me nearly squeak from how adorable it is. Too cute for words!

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
I dont have any pets at the moment. But when I move out on my own, I want a couple of pet rats, if only to piss off my mum to no end!

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
An excuse to post photos of my dog? She wouldn't forgive me if I passed this up:

At the beach, she gets psychotic over that ball:

This is her "I want the fire on please" face [Note: fire already lit]

Watching telly, she likes to bark at any animals that come on (which is a nightmare when it's an advert)

She's a firm believer in growing old disgracefully. She's mostly well behaved but she likes to bark at the tv, people walking past my [town] house and any time she hears a doorbell (just in case).

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Got a ragdoll, who was bred to be a show cat. Fortunetly her old owners had grandchildren who were allergic, so they had to get rid of her. Don't think they treated her that well to be honest. We got her around age five and while she loves intimiacy(purrs and kneads) she also gets panic attacks from it. :/

Cba to fix pictures right now, but she's identical to this one:

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I took this picture this morning when one of my cats gave me a wake up call.

His name is Loki (I named him before the Thor movie came out... Just sayin'). He's hilariously shy of strangers, but once you get to know him he's very loving and playful. :3

His name is Pippin. (I know they look the same but trust me they are two different cats). He's super relaxed, and very sociable and friendly. He likes to rub his face all over people (and sometimes his butt....)
He's also the hunter of the family, so he sometimes brings home birds and mice.

Here's another picture of them being weird together, just because I like showing them off! :D