Potent Health Poltice Recipe?

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
Hey folks, probably a really specific question for this forum about Dragon Age, but...

is siding with the elves in "Nature Of The Beast" the only way to get the afformentioned recipe? I really fancied siding with the werewolves, but that would involve killing Varathorn who's the only merchant I can see that would sell it...

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
No, thats my point, you can only buy it from him AFTER you side with the elves, so if I side with the werewolves, it seems I won't be able to get it ever :/ Just wondering if hes the only way

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Lopunny said:
No, thats my point, you can only buy it from him AFTER you side with the elves, so if I side with the werewolves, it seems I won't be able to get it ever :/ Just wondering if hes the only way
unless you're playing on the harder difficulty settings, you really won't need it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Lopunny said:
There doesn't appear to be another way. You probably won't need it if you're dragging a healer with you, or are playing an Arcane Warrior :p

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Lopunny said:
Hey folks, probably a really specific question for this forum about Dragon Age, but...

is siding with the elves in "Nature Of The Beast" the only way to get the afformentioned recipe? I really fancied siding with the werewolves, but that would involve killing Varathorn who's the only merchant I can see that would sell it...
Varathorn is the only merchant who sells unlimited elfroots so you really don't want to kill him personally i convinced the elf leader to break the curse by killing himself turning the werewolves into humans and the elves into my army

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
Varathorn is the only merchant who sells unlimited elfroots so you really don't want to kill him personally i convinced the elf leader to break the curse by killing himself turning the werewolves into humans and the elves into my army
I know, I know, I feel like im going more with "coolness" than practicality, but I was planning on taking the golems to compensate for coercions high enough.... *sighs*

Amnestic said:
Lopunny said:
There doesn't appear to be another way. You probably won't need it if you're dragging a healer with you, or are playing an Arcane Warrior :p
Hehehe, Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage with most of the buffs I can think of that a mage can have active on him (but I think I messed up my attribute points a bit), its not so much me, but my party dropping like flies

I found this part particularly difficult
The trial in the Urn of Sacred Ashes where you fight your party, I eventually just had to go in solo, put a crushing prison on him and it was easy
but I couldnt keep Alistair and Lelianna alive for any length of time...

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
Altorin said:
unless you're playing on the harder difficulty settings, you really won't need it.
i agree with this ... on the normal difficulty (which was challenging enough in my opinion) the other health potions worked just fine.