Preorders: Have you been screwed?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i preordered ssx and played it like 4 times. all my friends preordered and i got sucked into the hype. oh and diablo 3 hahahaha. generally i dont see a point in preordering. i dont care about getting some sort of special prize and i dont need to have a game the day it comes out.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
I got screwed out of a pre order with Fire Emblem Awakening, Gamestop clamed to have a "Glitch" but i found out that they where told to stop preorders, then the shipping gets dealyed to god knows when, so i said fuck it, and gave nintendo 40 bucks and downloaded it to my 3DS, glad i did it too, then bought Megaman 2 for good mesure.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
I was majorly screwed over by Mass Effect 3. I pre-ordered it thinking it'd be excellent then it was just a pure disappointment. I wish I had waited seeing as the price fell pretty quickly and I had no way of getting my money back because I bought it for PC.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Dont usually bother pre-ordering a game these days that said I pre-ordered Persona 4 arena for its intended september? release date in the UK (a week after the american release anyway) and yeah still waiting on that, with a bit of look it may finally arrive september this year hurray for region locking.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
watch this if you havent already guys... it basically says "DONT FUCKIN PRE-ORDER"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Anyone remember the entire month that All Points Bulletin was a pay to play game?
*sigh* I liked that game too, now its free to play and I've had no good experiences with it.

Malkav

Jan 17, 2012
If it was an absolute must-buy game (like Skyrim, or any sequel to a favorite series), and there are some goodies for pre-ordering, AND some ad would remind me of that sweet deal wherever I go, then I might consider it. But that never happened. A friend of mine pre-ordered Resident Evil 6 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. He's still going on how RE6 sucked and how he should have waited for MVC3 Ultimate to come out.

Who profits most on pre-orders are game companies that would have sold less if people hadn't blindly bought their bad games. As a customer, you're more likely to be ripped off, but it depends of course.