Preparation

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gretha Unterberg said:
RJ 17 said:
Eh, I just can't get that hyped over a new FO game.
C'mon, just 227 more days before its (mostly) bugfree :)
There, went ahead and fixed that for you :p. There's no such thing as a bugfree Bethesda game.

As I said though, I've just never really been into FO in the first place. Post-apocalyptic just isn't my bag.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
warmachine said:
Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.

Hang on, I just realised she's not doing that to skive off work, it's to avoid food and toilet breaks. Oh dear lord!
And since when did Erin care about doing her job?
Caramel Frappe said:
.. Even I admit that's quite bad of you to do Erin over a video game ಠ_ಠ ... just take breaks since you can pause it at anytime.
And since when did Erin try a not-crazy solution to her problems?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Presumably Consoles But Why"

Can we please make this a tag that gets frequent use?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Hey, gotta get those thorough reviews out ASAP or the competition will own you!
It's just good practice, you know?

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
I really didn't get the joke, but then again I was never really a fan of Fallout - give me TES anyday.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
The Wooster said:
warmachine said:
Good idea except Erin is a game journalist. She could play it at work and call it research.
Have you ever actually played a game in order to review it? It's awful.
Why? Can't you just enjoy the moment and worry about the review later?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Bad Jim said:
The Wooster said:
warmachine said:
I've never reviewed a game but rushing through a video game to meet the deadline sounds horrible.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
mysecondlife said:
Bad Jim said:
The Wooster said:
warmachine said:
I've never reviewed a game but rushing through a video game to meet the deadline sounds horrible.
Yeah but if you're rushing through the main quests of a Bethesda game and not goofing around then you're doing it completely wrong and your review is invalid.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Bad Jim said:
mysecondlife said:
Bad Jim said:
The Wooster said:
warmachine said:
Yeah but if you're rushing through the main quests of a Bethesda game and not goofing around then you're doing it completely wrong and your review is invalid.
Okay, lets just release our review a month or two after release of the game when the review is completely worthless and our competition has beat us to it. Yeah, we can totally justify the lack of page views on that. If you really think someone rushing through a game to meet a deadline makes that review irrelevant, then whatever you do, stay out of games journalism.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Bad Jim said:
mysecondlife said:
Bad Jim said:
The Wooster said:
warmachine said:
You just proved my point friend.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
...I need to befriend more medical professionals so I can get that sweet setup.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Something Amyss said:
CrystalShadow said:
Because... Blah,blah,blah hype... Blah,blah blah obsession...

-shrug- I don't get it either. I mean, in relation to fallout, but... I can follow the concept at least. XD
Do you mean you don't get why people are obsessed for Fallout, or why this comic is relating the two? Because the latter strikes me as fairly obvious. People are super hyped for Fallout 3, to the point it's noteworthy even in the gaming community (which is already notable for its excessive hype culture). The joke, therefore, stems in part because this is about the only step people haven't declared and because at this point, it's not so much a stretch.

The former? No clue. Fallout games always strike me as pretty mediocre. I expect pretty much the same thing I got with Fallout 3 and NV: I'll buy it for like five bucks on sale and have some fun with it before not finishing it and probably never going back to it.

But my SO is super obsessed with Skyrim, so what do I know?
The second one. >_>

The joke is completely obvious to me... But I don't particularly get the hype for Fallout specifically...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
The second one. >_>

The joke is completely obvious to me... But I don't particularly get the hype for Fallout specifically...
Well, I guess we're in the same boat. I understand that these games are supposed to be life-ruining fun, but...eh.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
You may laugh, but catheters are actually ridiculously convenient until it comes time to empty a two litre bag of piss.
And once it's removed your bladder's the size of a pea (tee hee), but otherwise yeah.