Prepare to Meet the Pyro

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
No way the Pyro is female unless they just say so because they can. He has a masculine form and the voice, what you can hear of it, sounds clearly male. I believe the voice actor for the Pyro is male as well.

Not saying they can't but it'd be a stretch.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
The time to hesitate is through,
no time to wallow in the mire.
Try now we can only lose.
And our love become a funeral pyre.

Gordon Freeman in disguise
and maybe meet the pyro will be their announcement of Half Life 3?

My hopes are now set to be crushed in the most painful way.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
They'll never release the gender of the pyro. So don't get your hopes up, that'd ruin the arguments,jokes and comedy of it all. And they know it because they've teased what the pyro was in a few videos. The meet the Spy video there's signs reading "Red Pyro" "is a man" "is a girl" so yeah, they're totally not letting anything out.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
im putting my money on a trailer around 4 minuites long building to a "mask removal scene" that will be interupted by something leaving us with nothing...
anyhow i really like the pyro and hopefully along with the video we will get some new stuff for him :D
also the hat-map hybrid was canceled due to being to cool for most computer to run :(

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Mantonio said:
I think it should be an interview style Meet The

However, it's everyone else who is being interviewed. And they all say stuff about the Pyro while he runs around doing stuff in the background, occasionally with cuts to him doing stuff elsewhere.
hmm that makes a lot of sense... they will probably do that...
also that would be even funnier if they interview the other (blu) team about the red pyro XD
i cant wait to hear what the spy has to say about our favorate pyromaniac!

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Let's be honest, we all know what's under that mask: It's Gabe Newell. He's been laughing at us the whole time, watching us spend our money and beg for Half Life 3. The whole video will be muffled audio until the last second, when he pulls off the mask, and it's Gaben, who smiles and says "Problem?"

Watch it come true. WATCH, MY FRIENDS!

...Or, it could be revealed that he is an English Gentleman. That's always possible.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
I think the Pyro is actually a large amount of HL Headcrabs that squeezed themselves into a suit. That's why it doesn't talk.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Update!

TF2 has just received a large patch of 949.2MB's.

That normally means update! :D

Looks like launch of the update is imminent and prepared for.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Either way, he's a fearsome, inscrutable, on-fire Frankenstein of a man - if he even is a man
This line has caused many people to question the gender of the pyro. However, it could be much more.

When this video comes out, remember that you heard this here.

The pyro... is a plant.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Come on. There's enough evidence that its absolutely foolish to conclude that the Pyro-
Is just what Valve is using to screw with us. They refer to the pyro with both male and female pronouns, and just like to see us squirm.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Hell yeah!

The Pyro is my favorite class. I can't wait for his/her/it's meet the video!

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Interesting! Valve has a few other things in the works for 2012 as well, including a top-secret TF2 project that is neither a hat nor a map [but possibly an ungodly hat-map hybrid]
They ruled that one out too, actually.

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
Meet the Pyro:
I personally think he is possibly a rubber duck.
Second Annual Saxxy Awards:
I will check out the epic fails but that's about it.
Secret Project:
Not a hat or a map hmm, I know its a misc item.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
My prediction on Pyro is that he will not be a man or a woman, but a robot like something out of the Combine.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I'm telling you people, he's a robot that was bio-engineered by the medic and engineer because they were tired of having to worry about spies all the time. WHY DOES NO ONE EVER BELIEVE ME!?!

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
What with all this speculation, I suspect that the Pyro reveal will be an anticlimax. I hope not, and that they get the full Medic treatment, but I just don't know how they can match people's expectations.

Plus, even if the Pyro turns out to be a woman, it's not likely that she's a swimsuit model, if you know what I mean. We know the Pyro's general physique, although the suit probably doesn't reveal much. It's not exactly a "take-off-your-glasses-and-undo-your-ponytail" situation. I'm not saying that Pyro would have to be an attractive woman for me to care about her, I'd still enjoy playing the class no matter what.

But you know what I suspect the "Meet the Pyro" video will actually be like? I'm guessing that it'll be some of the other characters speculating on the Pyro's true identity, and realizing that it doesn't matter what they look like under the gas mask- they just need someone that they can rely on to set enemies on fire.

ihood8205

Jul 6, 2011
on the map 2fort in a locker in the spawn there is a purse with a flower on it above the pyro suit