PRESENTATION IDEAS! HELP!

poptart123

Mar 26, 2009
I have to give a presentation for my English class and it has to be 10 minutes and can be practically anything. Our teacher told us we can do like Metallica, like explain some of their concerts. Or we can show something with sports like how to kick a soccer ball. I ride a unicycle and was planning on teaching people how to do that but I would like to hear some other Escapists ideas. It has to be like something basic though. Thanks.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Well clearly since you're asking on the escapist the only real answer is My Little Pony or Skyrim.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Do an explanation of the early space programs that lead up to NASA's Apollo.

Basically, summarize the documentary "Failure is not an Option". For reading material, look up things like the Ranger Program, Surveyor Program, Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo, Gene Kranz, Chris Kraft, and Apollo 1, 4, 8, 10, 11, 13 and 15. Another good resource would be the documentary "When We Left Earth".

Or just do what I did and skip all that stuff and make a review of the movie Apollo 13, the one where all the astronauts almost died because the spacecraft blew up.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I COMMAND THEE DO IT ON PON-

Rednog said:
Well clearly since you're asking on the escapist the only real answer is My Little Pony or Skyrim.
DX

NINJAS!!!!!!

Alright, do it on the futility of political arguments.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
The entire history of the space race, or, why a metallic ball named Sputnik that barely did anything caused a great enough panic to skyrocket the Technology in America in an unbelievably short amount of time

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Why would you think that we could present you with an idea that you'd make a better presentation over than one you think up yourself? The best presentations are made by people who are knowledgeable and excited about their topics. We don't know what things you're knowledgeable and excited about (other than unicycling), you do. So give it on something you want to talk about. We all have them, those things we wish people would ask us about so that we could go rambling on about them for hours. Those things that you'll make crazy turns in a conversation with only the slightest justification to talk about.

Whatever those things are for you, you should choose one of them, and have a good time with the whole thing. Trust me, that's the recipe for success on these sorts of things. Hell, last time I had to do a presentation over whatever I wanted, I gave a five minute presentation about keeping your mortality in mind so that you can live life to the fullest to a intro level speech class in college. I loved every minute of it, and while it was weird as hell in some ways, people did appreciate it. So just have the balls to talk about whatever you want to talk about, and don't look back.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I second the MLP comment.

But if your looking for something different but in the same realm, take a game you really like and brake it down regarding the themes and how the game works.

For a tv show. Break down those themes and how they fit into popular culture.