president Obama congratulates Michael Vick's new boss.

Isolda Sage

Aug 25, 2010
bpm195 said:
thublihnk said:
bpm195 said:
thublihnk said:
He deserves redemption, but he got off too easy.
Two years in prison is getting off easy for killing dogs?

I value human life above the life of any other animal. I frankly don't see breeding dogs to fight each other to death as substantially worse than breeding some other animal to be slaughtered for fashion. Sure it's a deplorable act, but it's worse to take a human's freedom.

If he was caught killing people's family dogs I'd feel differently, but as it is the situation has been blown out of proportion.
Two years in prison, just to get out and go back to a high paying job and deal with remarkably little stigma for what he was doing. Not a bad deal. And yes, breeding anything not JUST to be killed, but to force them to kill each other for your sick enjoyment and gambling is way worse than for food or fashion.

If you can't see why that's true, you're fucking daft.
Picture these two scenarios:

A dog is born and put in a cage. He's given enough food so he doesn't starve to death, and he's with other children in their own respective cages. There he's allowed to grow until he's ready to be killed so some rich lady can wear him as a jacket.

A dog is born and put in a cage. He's given enough food to sustain him as he's put through intense training. His life goes on like this until he's forced to fight another dog to death. He repeats this cycle until he dies.

Is either scenario actually worse than the other? I don't think so, and if I were forced to choose between being killed and fighting for my life I'd choose the latter. This isn't to say that I support dog fighting, but it's simply a ridiculous double standard that breeding animals for fur is perfectly fine, while dog fighting is illegal.
I'm wondering if you have ever seen a dog fight? It's really not a pretty scene. I don't wear fur would never wear fur but at least those animals die quickly. don't get me wrong i would outlaw fur if I could. Dog fighting is worse. What Vick and his buddies did was worse than the average dog fighting ring. Most people in that world tend not to torture the dogs on top of it all. I don't mean to pick a fight with you. i think we would mostly agree on things.

the lapalminator

Jul 27, 2010
now i dont like what vick did and i hate the failidelphia shegals with a passion but you have to admit that mike vick has been putting up a hell of a year, his monday nighter against the skins was a perfect example. he has redeemed himself in that light alone.

Isolda Sage

Aug 25, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
fletch_talon said:
gah. fine, fine. I'm done arguing. Obviously we see it as different levels but I dont see this as he should be damned. The guy made mistakes. PEOPLE make mistakes. Personally, i think there are FAR too many people/dogs/cats/things of that nature and the world needs a trimming of all of them. So while every action like this is deplorable, I cant say that I'm that upset by it. What would you honestly do with these dogs anyways? How many are honestly going to be successfully rehibilitated after htis? I'm sorry, but these dogs are menaces to society, so they'd be damned to live out their lives in shelters and die. They're nto going to get along with anyhting.

Everyone has vices, its wrong, but whatever. None of us are in position to judge, so its not like our opinions really matter what we think of animal abuse.
Just on a side note, many of the Vick dogs have been rehabilitated and placed in homes with families. Last I read four of the dogs seized from his compound have become certified therapy dogs.
Also one more aside on the execution style that Vick himself committed(which far more sadistic than the actual dog fighting). You argue that it was slander to say that it was for their own enjoyment to do put-down the non-game dogs by hanging, electrocuting, and drowning them. I see no other logical explanation for doing it that way. It's just not efficient or really normal to do that.