Preview: StarCraft II

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Warped_Ghost said:
Snotnarok said:
I lost interest in Star Craft 2 loooong ago. I mean lets be serious here, how many RTS's have come out in the time starcraft announced itself never the less begun development

CnC3+expansion, CnC Red Alert 3+ expansion, CnC4!

3 games and two expansions before blizzards ONE game. I'm sure Starcraft 2 is going to be great and all but it's pretty unreasonable that that many games from one company can come out before their 1.
Like any good game they take time to make sur eit will be good.
Besides Blizzard doesn't look at the game and says its gotta compete with everything comming out now, it has to compete with stuff comming out for the next 12 years so they can complete starcraft 3.
I'm pretty sure Blizzard is taking it's time because they have WoW and aren't in a rush because of that.

johnnyjazz

Aug 15, 2009
I see a lot of people today who dont really like the orignial starcraft,but it´s quiet obvious. i´m grown up on that stuff and back in the days starcraft was one of most intense and mindblowing games i ever played, doh cheers for good review.

hopefully i get a beta key someday, and when that day comes i challenge you to a battel =)

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
I'm probably going to buy this, but i think it absolutely blows that there is no lan play.

i'm hoping it's some poorly executed advertising scheme where they reveal lan play at the last moment...but then i remembered how much blizzard loves my (and everyone's) money.

radred

Jul 7, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
I tried to get into the first Starcraft, but it just seemed so slow-paced and bland. I played for a couple of hours, and never did it seem like actual fun. Which is a shame, because I've always had a certain fascination with RTS's, just that I haven't found one to entertain me enough.
if you think it was too slowpaced you obviously were not playing it right

radred

Jul 7, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
I tried to get into the first Starcraft, but it just seemed so slow-paced and bland. I played for a couple of hours, and never did it seem like actual fun. Which is a shame, because I've always had a certain fascination with RTS's, just that I haven't found one to entertain me enough.
if you think it was too slowpaced you obviously were not playing it right
Doug said:
John Funk said:
Doug said:
So... you didn't get to see the singleplayer? Disappointing - I'm not really interested in the multiplayer aspect of most RTS's because I'm basically not very good at them, but I liked Starcraft 1 for having a good story mixed in with the RTS battles.
They're keeping the singleplayer very close to their chests until the game comes out.
Righto - I'll have to look and see for the review when it comes out :D - though did Blizzard go ahead with the plan to split the singleplayer plot into 3 parts, only 1 of which comes with the game? i.e. the rest are downloadable content..?

I heard talk of that awhile go (a year, I think) - just wanna see if it was troll talk or real.

ummmm... wrong
the game will be released in three seperate installments
each one with the next campaign

whilst this is kinda annoying each race has more levels in its campaign then the entire starcraft 1 (i think, don't quote me on this. its just what ive heard)

and if your worried about buying one game for the price of three just remember, wait a year or two and you will be able to buy the coverted BATTLE CHEST!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
radred said:
Doug said:
John Funk said:
Doug said:
So... you didn't get to see the singleplayer? Disappointing - I'm not really interested in the multiplayer aspect of most RTS's because I'm basically not very good at them, but I liked Starcraft 1 for having a good story mixed in with the RTS battles.
They're keeping the singleplayer very close to their chests until the game comes out.
Righto - I'll have to look and see for the review when it comes out :D - though did Blizzard go ahead with the plan to split the singleplayer plot into 3 parts, only 1 of which comes with the game? i.e. the rest are downloadable content..?

I heard talk of that awhile go (a year, I think) - just wanna see if it was troll talk or real.

ummmm... wrong
the game will be released in three seperate installments
each one with the next campaign

whilst this is kinda annoying each race has more levels in its campaign then the entire starcraft 1 (i think, don't quote me on this. its just what ive heard)

and if your worried about buying one game for the price of three just remember, wait a year or two and you will be able to buy the coverted BATTLE CHEST!
Indeedie - thanks for the answer, but John Funk already replied to me at the time, heh.