Preview the Doctor Who MMO

faeshadow

Feb 4, 2008
Star Wars fans get SW:TOR and we get...this garbage?

Oooh, goodie.

Do not want. Yes it's free, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
So let me understand this..

If we are calling THIS an "MMO" then does this, by the same application of the term, mean that Farmville and Mafia Wars are "MMO's" too?!

Because this looks like Zynga made it on a bet.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I for one will be looking forward to giving this a try despite what a lot of people are saying since they don't exactly have to play it.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
It's... charming, I suppose. I'm pretty sick and tired of these licensed flash MMOs that are flooding the market, but I admit it's of slightly higher quality that most of them, especially for one that just came out. Not like that's saying much, though.

Xartyve2 said:
Kind of out of nowhere, I mean that show was cancelled, when, back in 1989?
This post made my night.

Yan Hunt

Oct 23, 2010
game is very buggy and keeps crashing. it is just freewear tho and for children so don't expect skyrim or anything

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Xartyve2 said:
Kind of out of nowhere, I mean that show was cancelled, when, back in 1989?
Nicely played, nicely played.

Can you use Janis thorns in this game?

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
that pipe dream version is awful. i gave it three tries before giving up and saying screw it.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Zach of Fables said:
What's the situation on the multiplayer aspect?
You can team up with other *Whovians* [God damn do I hate that word] to do quests or missions. There doesn't seem to be a reason to do this when you can order your A.I companions that your acquainted with to do some things for you if you just click on them and then on the thing you want them to dry hump for a while.

Its alright, I enjoy puzzle games like this, it isn't bad, just shallow. And sorta ugly looking.

Yan Hunt said:
game is very buggy and keeps crashing. it is just freewear tho and for children so don't expect skyrim or anything
But Skyrim is so simple a...

I couldn't resist.

*A Whovian is a person that is like a Beliber, which is a rabid fan of Justin Bieber. But instead of Bieber its the Doctor.

May 7, 2008
if its gonna be one of those games were your actions refresh daily i know what it is. its gonna be like all those games on facebook. sure you can play but it will be relentlessly crappy unless you pay. then it will become kinda of crappy and a waste of money

May 7, 2008
if its gonna be one of those games were your actions refresh daily i know what it is. its gonna be like all those games on facebook. sure you can play but it will be relentlessly crappy unless you pay. then it will become kinda of crappy and a waste of money

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Am I the only one who wants a really good atmospheric survival-horror game where you have to outwit the Weeping Angels? Because that would be AWESOME.

Don't think this game will deliver that kind of scare potential, reading the comments...

Jakisall

Nov 23, 2009
Not even worth the franchise's title was excited when I first saw this post but play it for 10 minutes and you'll be extremely bored.

Tomas Krystinik

May 28, 2010
I've been waiting for just exactly this sort of thing for as long as I can remember. Which admittedly isn't very long, but still! I suppose it was only a matter of time before a Dr Who game came along. Eh? Get it? Time? No? Okay I'll go back to the corner now.

Zach of Fables

Oct 5, 2011
Aprilgold said:
Zach of Fables said:
You can team up with other *Whovians* [God damn do I hate that word] to do quests or missions. There doesn't seem to be a reason to do this when you can order your A.I companions that your acquainted with to do some things for you if you just click on them and then on the thing you want them to dry hump for a while.
Okay, it's just I tried to play with my friend the other day and we weren't able to "find each other" on the servers. Has anyone else tried this and if so were you able to succeed?

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Zach of Fables said:
Aprilgold said:
Zach of Fables said:
Okay, it's just I tried to play with my friend the other day and we weren't able to "find each other" on the servers. Has anyone else tried this and if so were you able to succeed?
Well you have to have Adblocker and equal turned off to access the persistent hub area. And even then you can't exactly 'team up.' The game is still under heavy development and so far I don't think theres a friends list.