Previews: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! - Nisha the Lawbringer

andrearene

Mar 18, 2013
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! - Nisha the Lawbringer

Andrea checks out Nisha, one of the playable characters from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Watch Video

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gotta ask Andrea, does this game feel different? I haven't played it and I'm not sure I want to, so I'm looking for input. Does it feel like a unique and interesting take on Borderlands, or is it a very expensive expansion pack? From what I can see it looks like a new map, and new character skins. Same enemies, same laser NERF guns, same cheesy dialogue and melodramatic story lines. Something that could be released for $10 on Steam as DLC. I'm struggling to understand why this game exists.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or dickish, but I really want to know. From what you've seen what makes this game stand out above Borderlands 1 & 2? From what I've seen it really does look like a cheap knockoff.

To be fair, Nisha looks like a fun cat and I'm a big fan of magnums and cowboy hats, but why a whole new game? They've released new characters as DLC before...

andrearene

Mar 18, 2013
Silentpony said:
Gotta ask Andrea, does this game feel different? I haven't played it and I'm not sure I want to, so I'm looking for input. Does it feel like a unique and interesting take on Borderlands, or is it a very expensive expansion pack? From what I can see it looks like a new map, and new character skins. Same enemies, same laser NERF guns, same cheesy dialogue and melodramatic story lines. Something that could be released for $10 on Steam as DLC. I'm struggling to understand why this game exists.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or dickish, but I really want to know. From what you've seen what makes this game stand out above Borderlands 1 & 2? From what I've seen it really does look like a cheap knockoff.

To be fair, Nisha looks like a fun cat and I'm a big fan of magnums and cowboy hats, but why a whole new game? They've released new characters as DLC before...
Your concern is definitely valid. They certainly aren't reinventing the wheel but I do like the way they have tweaked the narrative to change based on what character you are playing with. In the previous games, the dialogue was the same no matter what character you had, so that is a nice touch.

The gameplay is certainly more of the same, but as a big fan of the first two, I don't mind that! There are a lot more things to manage in combat which provides extra challenge, but again the basics are the same. I'll admit I would have rather seen them put the game out $39.99 instead of $59.99 but that isn't stopping me from buying it. So bottom line: yes this feels more like an expansion than a new installment, but I would say it's a must play for Borderlands fans.

If you are only so-so on Borderlands, save your money for one of the other great games like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, or Evolve.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I think it's really neat that your pick of character will change what kind of dialogue you will hear, and what kind of experience you will get from the game. That was something I felt that was hugely lacking in the previous game, but that didn't make the game any less enjoyable.

Nisha looks fun.

I was debating whether I should go with Athena or Nisha before all the character previews starting coming out, but I'm probably leaning more towards Nisha now. She's one sack of crazy that looks like a blast, and her skill tree set looks interesting. I'm wondering if co-oping with another person playing Nisha will have the same deal like with the previous game with two people playing as Sirens since that was so OP it was bananas given the skill tree.

Not complaining since it was pretty fun, but I'm hoping that it doesn't just break the game. Still looking forward to it though. :D