Previous-Gen Games You Would Like To See Sequels/Remakes Of

uberlad

Dec 16, 2007
MPD51 said:
I want a Psychonauts sequel. I bought the game about a week after launch and friggin' loved it! Buy it, or you're part of the problem.
Hell yes. Psychonauts.

Most of the other ideas on here sound brilliant... they're all getting me so excited for things that will most likely never happen =(

JBX06

Aug 22, 2007
Ummm...Where Do I Start

Beyond Good And Evil,
Fahrenheit,
Dark Cloud,
Dark Chronicals,
Medievil,
Mafia

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
"I would like to see a remake of Star Tropics, an old NES game. Maybe for the DS or GBA, a port if nothing else.

Remakes, generally speaking, ought not to exist--I'm fully in Yahtzee's camp with that one, but since some remakes turn out better than the original, why not? Unfortunately, most games ARE actually being remade again, so the point is a LITTLE moot.

But, really, besides Star Tropics, no other remake really seems neccessary to me."

Wow I thought of exactly the same game. I use to love that one. I would also love to see a new Kid Icarus game.

noradseven

Dec 7, 2007
Gauntlet on the Wii im sorry but that kinda of game just feels like it would fit the Wii the best. They should also stop many of the gay gliches that made the game way way too easy.

Another Kingdom under fire game hello, personally I liked KuF: heros it combined hack and slash and stragegy games very well.

marmot

Nov 28, 2007
I second the idea of sequels to monkey island and oddworld and I'd like a remake of at least half of kotor 2

Linkza

Jan 2, 2008
damirk87 said:
Monkey Island!!!!
I would really badly appreciate a remake of this game.
I'm with you on that one. And a proper remake of it, not the kind of crappy game that Monkey Island 4 was. I wouldn't mind a remake of MI1 with state of the art 2D VGA graphics, nothing spectacular. Kind of like what they did with the VGA remakes of Leisure Suit Larry 1 and Kings Quest 1, and so on.

blackadvent

Nov 16, 2007
Rerelease all Lucasarts adventure games. You don't even have to remake the games, just put them all in two or three boxes, ship 'em to stores, and I'll buy them. I totally missed out on them.

Oh, and Harvest Moon 64. Not the tedious as shit GCN version, but the 64 version. One of the greatest time sinks ever concieved by man.

And while I'm at it, the Banjo-Kazooie games- only if they can get people from the original two to return, though.

blackadvent

Nov 16, 2007
Ranzel said:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Don't get me wrong, I loved Paper Mario and it's possible to say those games were as good as its going to get, but I still cling to hope they remake Mario RPG.
*Starts praying to God for this*

If they could release this for the VC, I'll buy a Wii instantly. INSTANTLY.

Faeanor

Dec 15, 2007
I'd like to see a new Extreme G game. The first one was great. Second one was still good, and the third one was just terrible. If they could make a new one that was actually good, that'd be awesome. A remake of the first one on new hardware wouldn't be too bad either.

worgun

Jan 3, 2008
I also agree that Kotor 2 should be remade and the developers should be allowed to finish everything they wanted to. there was alot of material that didn't make the cut because they were still rushing it out the door.

Wetall

Dec 21, 2007
Xenogears please, that game was probably the best story ever, the xenosagas were really not very good to terrible. Either a sequel to xenogears or a straight port to the new graphics.

yourself

Jan 3, 2008
I wish they would make a new Harvest Moon. They should revert back to what they did back in the day, like with harvest moon 64 and Harvest moon save the homeland.
Because as much as I love playing harvest moon tetris on my DS...it would be nice to have a good old harvest moon remake with the usual characters but with better graphics or something.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
blackadvent said:
Ranzel said:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Don't get me wrong, I loved Paper Mario and it's possible to say those games were as good as its going to get, but I still cling to hope they remake Mario RPG.
*Starts praying to God for this*

If they could release this for the VC, I'll buy a Wii instantly. INSTANTLY.
*gets in line* I've been praying for a remake forever. Put in a few new sidequests here, a new character or three there... I am wet just thinking about it.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Prince of Pers .... oh, hold on ....

Dark Castle then! With a nex-gen engine like Assassins Creed or whatever. YESS!

Ohwiseone

Jan 3, 2008
Advent Rising, Now i know this wasen't a perfect game..but the story and music was one of the best i have ever hear in a video game