Previous victims of child sex trafficking trafficked sexually at recovery center.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Christian run private non-profit shelter funded by the state found trafficking the children who were brought there to recover from previous sex trafficking.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well, this explains Abbot directive in February

Getting a whole list of incidents in the last 5 years would be... good. But it would just make me depreseed

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Is Texas good at anything?

Dozens of facilities contracted by Texas have recently closed down or had their license revoked after racking up numerous offenses and subjecting children to dangerous and damaging environments. Child advocates and the judge have repeatedly criticized Texas officials for failing to ensure facilities are safe for kids in the state’s care. From summer 2019 to May 2021, the court monitors discovered that at least 23 children died in Texas' long-term foster care system in shelters and facilities licensed by the state.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Christian run private non-profit shelter funded by the state found trafficking the children who were brought there to recover from previous sex trafficking.
If you think about this sort of shelter with the mindset of a sociopath, what you see is a place full of vulnerable girls easy to exploit.

In much the same way, some drug dealers have been known to infiltrate or create drug abuse recovery groups, because it's a very convenient way to access a customer base.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
"Christian run private non-profit shelter" is a huge red flag as it is, especially in evangelical America. Way more scrutiny should be placed upon these places, they're essentially perfect disguises for sicko predators who know there's already an in-built fan base of defenders from the evangelicals who blindly trust any wanker brandishing the phrase "Loves Jesus" as a personal identifier, along with any institution deploying the same hollow platitudes. Plus the ghoulish right-wing libertarians who see only cash and free-market exploitation to be extracted from traumatised, vulnerable people. Like with the drug rehab Jesus compounds designed essentially to provide free labour for shitty local corporations' (sometimes literal) meat grinders with no attempt to help these people with anything that isn't "accept Jesus you fucking degenerates."

Anyway, investigate them all, every single fucking one. Make the church pay for it if you have to.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mean to lower the tone, but this isn't as rare as you might think.

Victims of child sexual abuse are typically extremely vulnerable. They often have a very warped sense of what is acceptable when it comes to their own treatment, may have trauma symptoms which make it difficult for them to defend themselves or to even be fully aware of what is happening to them. They will often have or develop addiction problems, either due to self-medication or because addiction was used to coerce them. Add to this all the normal ways in which a teenager is vulnerable, and you have a person who needs to be treated with extreme care.

Adults who work with sexually abused children and young people typically know all this, and thus it's kind of a fact that some adults will seek out positions where they have access to abused children in order to abuse them.

I volunteered with a faith-based charity for a while. The people I worked with were truly, truly selfless, gentle, compassionate people who had genuinely devoted their lives to helping others in a way it's hard to imagine a non-religious person doing. Reading about this place, however, gives me hardcore Synanon vibes. Any care facility that describes itself as a "ranch" or where members of staff are related to each other should be a major red flag.

I would also argue that the treatment of sexual abuse survivors in particular requires a certain degree of open-mindedness about sex which many religious people don't have.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Dont you dare wish that evil on us Ricky Bobby!
At this point that wouldn't bother me so much, at least in 40k edition every time we find a rat hole like this we can do something like letting an Astartes go to town on the guilty. Doesn't undo the pain and suffering but hey, perhaps there's a little closure to be had watching the person that exercised their power over you as a form of abuse most repugnant being crushed 'neath the mighty tread of someone bigger and stronger than them.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Texas Rangers say nude photographs of underage girls doesn't count as child abuse.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Texas Rangers say nude photographs of underage girls doesn't count as child abuse.

I'm pretty sure if that was discovered anywhere here at such a place, they'd have so many detectives up their arse they'd be shitting badges. How the hell is that grounds for anything other than IMMEDIATE AND PERHAPS VIOLENT ACTION?