PREY is getting Excellent reviews from everywhere

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016

So my friends, game just release and PC version turn out fine that many people were fearing. infact its getting most of positive reviews so far.

Macks from worth a buy claim that its best FPS since Half life. according to ACG its must buy.

It appears that i was right. game is true old school PC immersive sim. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

You excited for PREY?

Discuss.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Everywhere? Only if those 2 channels were my only source of information; but because of the Bethesda embargo policy, other reviews won't be appearing until later.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Worth a Buy....In-credible. I think a drunk frat boy could do a better job reviewing a game. No better than mainstream reviewers, just on the opposite end of the spectrum imo.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Ezekiel said:
Why do you need some guy on YouTube to tell you what to buy? Why don't you just play the demo? Oh right... Screw you, devs. Steam's two hour refund policy isn't a substitute for the demo everyone else has access to. Sometimes (I mean, back when I still GOT to play demos) I play demos for more than two hours, because that's how long it takes me to see if I like it. Having 60 dollars taken out of your bank account and waiting two weeks for it to go back also isn't appealing. I have almost zero interest in this game. A demo might have grabbed my attention. I'm not gonna watch your one hour developer playthroughs, Bethesda. That's boring as hell.
Its a well optimize game as promise
Steam reviews are very positive
Its Half life meet System shock
Its Old school immersive sim with no regen health, cover system, xray vision, hand holding.
It has excellent level design.

and i could go on and on.

we dont get these types of games every year.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
B-Cell said:
Ezekiel said:
Why do you need some guy on YouTube to tell you what to buy? Why don't you just play the demo? Oh right... Screw you, devs. Steam's two hour refund policy isn't a substitute for the demo everyone else has access to. Sometimes (I mean, back when I still GOT to play demos) I play demos for more than two hours, because that's how long it takes me to see if I like it. Having 60 dollars taken out of your bank account and waiting two weeks for it to go back also isn't appealing. I have almost zero interest in this game. A demo might have grabbed my attention. I'm not gonna watch your one hour developer playthroughs, Bethesda. That's boring as hell.
Its Old school immersive sim with no regen health, cover system, xray vision, hand holding.

What does that have to do with anything he said?

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I've watched a little bit of the game from a few streamers going on right now. I don't think the game is the second coming of christ of anything like B-Cell, but it does give me Bioshock vibes and I rather liked Bioshock.

I'd love to give the game a full review. But I am unfortunately tapped out on video game funds, thanks to the slew of shit the front of the year shoveled into my face.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Yeah, I've been playing it a little bit, solid game. Very, very strong Systemshock/Bioshock vibes all around, tight level design, lots to explore, Hacking is king of all skills forever and ever.

My only gripe so far is the lack of enemy diversity, but then again its pretty early in the game.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Everyone should know what kind of games Arkane makes by now. If you want a triple-A game focused on quality over quantity, they are easily the best in the business. Arkane also puts very heavy emphasis on player creativity and outside-the-box thinking. Prey is going to basically be their sorta System Shock with the Arkane "flavor" of emphasis on creativity within the game's systems. The last time we sorta got a game like this was Bioshock Infinite 4 years ago, the last System Shock or Half-Life was over a decade ago. If you want a new experience like those past games with better player creativity, Prey will be that game.

Ezekiel said:
It's an Arkane game, you should know what kind games they make by now. I guess the "master race" is the master race because they gave up their ability to own games. If I don't like Prey, I can sell it and probably make money as I think it'll be $38 ($48 at worst) for me at Best Buy today. I guess people getting bored watching developer playthroughs is why games get hyped like Watch Dogs because Ubisoft demoed exact missions from the final game, anyone should've been able to know exactly what Watch Dogs was before purchasing.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Worthabuy is useless. His knowledge of video games is worse than abysmal. I'd need a lobotomy in order to take him seriously. I would honestly take Donald Trump's opinion on video games more seriously.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
B-Cell said:

You could've saved yourself a lot of typing by just saying it's a Bioshock clone.

Skatalite

May 8, 2007
Yeah, I'm sure it'll get excellent reviews. How many AAA games don't get excellent reviews?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I tried the demo. I found it difficult to hurt the bad guys. Wonky. The art direction was meh. But the story, from what I could tell from a demo, was spectacular. I look forward to hearing more about it and hope it is all that.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
DaCosta said:
B-Cell said:

You could've saved yourself a lot of typing by just saying it's a Bioshock clone.
No. Bioshock absolutely suck and dumbed down system shock. its incredibly linear game. and especially infinite is WOAT.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'm enjoying it. It's a solid game with a nice blend of Bioshock/System Shock and Dishonored. Good level design, lots to explore with lots of alternate routes to discover and that exploration is rewarded well. Back-tracking when you develop further into the hacking and repair skills is also a good idea and well rewarded.

Not to say the game is without issues. My biggest gripe so far is how the screen darkens when you sneak or when you're in combat. I suppose it's so you know something has noticed you even if you haven't noticed them. But when you're already in a dark area and the screen darkens even more you literally can't see shit. Add on top of that that the enemies, for the most part, are fucking black void monsters and you have yourself a real problem of "where the fuck did the enemy go? I can't see anything!" as you're swinging or shooting wildly hoping to hit something. As for minor issues I have, the hacking mini-game is terrible in my opinion and some enemies just feel like bullet sponges. The flashlight mechanic is also just really oddly designed, its battery depletes really quickly, but it self-recharges and it charges just as fast as it depletes which makes me wonder why they decided to give it have battery life in the first place. The way it's designed now means that when it runs out you then just have to stand there for about 5 seconds in complete darkness as it recharges and it just needlessly stops gameplay.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
B-Cell said:
No. Bioshock absolutely suck and dumbed down system shock. its incredibly linear game. and especially infinite is WOAT.
Precisely why I said it was a Bioshock clone.