Prince Harry kills Taliban; thanks practice on video games

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
adamsaccount said:
What were forgetting is that its ok to kill the taliban because theyre the enemy at the moment. Why the escapist is blowing this up into a bigger deal than anyone else i wont know, im starting to think were all a lot more reactionary than i thought

edit: unless hes teabagging them afterwards that is
Yeah, the longer you stay here the more you'll realize The 'pist is kind of gaming's response to Fox News or The Daily Mail. Not in terms of being conservative, but in terms of the lengths they'll go to get a good story -- accuracy often takes a back seat to eyeball grabbing headlines. And this isn't one of the articles, it's in the forums, which are all over the place when it comes to stuff like that.

I'm not bashing the site, just saying it's not quite the mecca of unbiased reporting and unusually intelligent posters so many new members think it is during the honeymoon phase. It's just a gaming news site with an unusually strictly moderated forum -- which does make a noticeable difference.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
I know this thread's a day old, but I just read about the subject on Yahoo. lolanyway...

I don't think the media is going to have the field-day over this that a lot of you are expecting, because the Taliban themselves have beat them to it. All of the arguments they would typically make would force them to say a lot of the same things that have just been said by real terrorists, and chances are they won't want to appear to agree. Unless the Taliban takes his remarks as seriously as they claim, we probably won't hear much more about this.

I would like to add that all of my experience traversing slippery "ice worlds" in Super Mario 2, 3 and World, as well as Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3, has definitely had positive effects on my driving over icy roads. The delays and reduced traction are programmed into my internal clock.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of the Royals, but Harry is the exception. He is cheeky and tells it like it is and doesn't have much love for the media. Talking about what he wanted to do after coming back from his tour, he said he wanted to visit family, saying "I really am longing to catch up with people behind closed doors - you guys aren't invited.". Yeah, he does dumb things like dressing up as a Nazi and getting naked in Vegas, but that's kind of endearing in a way - don't we all have that friend who you shake your head and go "You'll never guess what [name] has done now...". Except for the Nazi thing, my endearingly dumbass friend never did that, but you get my drift.

Regarding video game controllers being applicable to actual military hardware... don't the U.S. military use actual XBox controllers to control unmanned aerial vehicles? Or at least they did when they were in their infancy, I'm sure I've seen footage of that somewhere.
PreviouslyPwned said:
I'm sure his dad is mighty proud of him.

I'm sure Prince Charles is, too.
Hee hee! It is quite pronounced now how much he does not look like Charles.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
That was a pretty douchey thing to say at the very least. List goes on with ignorant, irresponsible, inconsiderate, insufferable, immoral and some other mean words.